Original topic:

S22+ voicemail app flashes, wont open

(Topic created: 06-21-2023 07:05 AM)
mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

hello all-

just downloaded new software update, # s906usqu2cwe6, all apps work,except,now i cant open voicemail?

i had my wife call me,left message,no notification either? if i touch the voicemail icon,i get " select or add to home?"  if i tap the icon to open it, the homescreen flashes to a 'quick white' then back to home.

i checked my *86,and it dials my carrier,so that is working............voicemail was fine before this update today!!!!        help,please?   thanks,m

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

hello  all-         i finally called samsung,got thru to tech support...........this guy knew what he was doing...........they have an app on playstore called SMART TUTOR.  once u get tech on phone,u can download the app, it lets them into ur phone, [ i know] they can go directly to issue,correct it.

forget the e-mails,chat,texting..............give the smart tutor app a try with a tech!!!!!

a little fresh air for a change..............thanks allllllllllllllllllllll mj36

View solution in context

11 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Try going into Recovery Mode-power off then hold volume up and power button until screen turns on using volume up and down scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition press power button to select then scroll down to Repair Apps once phone completely loads go to Apps and look for Voicemail click on battery and check to see if it is UNRESTRICTED if not click on UNRESTRICTED
mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

hi- unrestricted was/is on.   thanks

ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
I would also suggest clearing the voicemail app data then set it back up
mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

anyone?????????? help? thx,mj36

0 Likes
WolfnetSVR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

No help here cause Im having the same issue after the update with Samsung Messages app. App opens but then flashes white ad you go back to the initial messaging app screen.  App now randomly flashes the screen white and you lose whatever you have typed to that point. Seems to happen most often when receiving a text. very annoying... * Correction Verizon Messaging+ app.

UPDATE: Did the repair apps.. clear cache.. etc no joy. Switched to Samsung Messaging for now and its not showing the problem.

mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

my messaging is fine...............it is the voicemail badge...............it flashes ,and does not open when touched.  i left a message with my wifes phone,and that part works,but i have to call into voicebox

to retrieve message.................back to square 1, no voicemail notification on badge,and cant open it

when badge is touched........it just flashes,then back to homescreen..................SAMSUNG-is anyone going to help with this??? thanks,m

donnamarie1160
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This is just ridiculous that we can't open out voice-mail ap!!! I did a hard reboot, went into settings to make sure all ok, cleared my.cache and did another reboot. No luck!
mj36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

yup,terrrrrrrrrrible...............how bout the tiny notification emblems for e-mail and messages?

nothing from samsung either...............been a galaxy person for several years,maybe its time for

an i=phone         

donnamarie1160
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My email is fine. My problem started on the 17th when I noticed texts messages were coming through sporadically. I have spent 10 hours minimum with samsung then my carrier verizon.

Samsung said I needed a new sim card,after having me perform hard reboots and so many other things. so I got a new sim card and It didn't fix the issue.

And now I have the problem opening the voice mail since downloading the update.

I spoke with samsung again and they made me perform a wipe cache partition. Which did not fix the issue. So I was told to bring the phone into a samsung authorized store for repair as it is under warranty.

So I called the store and was told the issue is connectivity not hardware so they couldn't help.

Called samsung back and was told to perform a factory reset. I told them NO my phone is under warranty and I want a new phone so I can move everything over before returning this phone. I was then told I can do a backup of all my aps etc through settings. Which is not true. It will not backup everything on my phone.

So another chat to request a new phone gets Me a ticket now that they understand the severity of my issues and this ticket will elevate my problem to the proper dept! Hmm. I will give them until tomorrow to call me back then I will make them give me a new phone. 😌

I have owned samsungs forever. Have always laughed at iPhone users. Oh well I guess I am going to have to get an iPhone too.. it sucks..