JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't find the S23+/Ultra available for purchase anywhere?

(Topic created: 01-16-2024 01:59 PM)
BellaNYC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Samsung Community,

I was considering a purchase of the Galaxy S23 Plus or the Ultra, and when I searched for them both, it turned out that literally neither phone is available for sale anywhere. (I should mention that I am an iPhone owner looking to switch to the Galaxy.) It is not available with any carrier: ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile. What is going on? Has Samsung discontinued making a great phone? If so, why? I find it ridiculous that it’s suddenly not available anywhere right before the release of the S24. They are giving people NO OPTION but to buy the more expensive new S24. How’s that for manipulative marketing tactics?

Does anyone know if the S23 will be available for sale again? If so, when?

Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@BellaNYC The S23+ and S23 are available on the Samsung.com site. https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s23/buy/galaxy-s23-128gb-unlocked-sm-s911uzkaxaa/

Also S23 Ultra (didn't check others) are available on Amazon.com 

Often the carriers don't carry a lot of stock when they new that the release of a new model is imminent. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@BellaNYC The S23+ and S23 are available on the Samsung.com site. https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s23/buy/galaxy-s23-128gb-unlocked-sm-s911uzkaxaa/

Also S23 Ultra (didn't check others) are available on Amazon.com 

Often the carriers don't carry a lot of stock when they new that the release of a new model is imminent. 

MarkChang
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Carriers more than likely cleared out as much of their stock as they could for the holidays. With the s24 series around the corner. Carriers would rather stock the newest devices. You can check your local carrier stores or BestBuy for in-store stock.
Mr-C
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I just looked on T-Mobile website. You are correct. Not sure how Apple does it, but would you cannibalize your new product by continuing to sale last year's product at a discounted price? If you want go samsung. I recommend pre-ordering with a trade in. Pick carrier with the best deal for you. Good fortune to you and possibly welcome to the wonderful, and somewhat eclectic world of android.
Mr-C
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Just an FYI. I went into physical store to pre-order phone. Got a great deal, and the phone arrived a week earlier than scheduled.
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I just looked yesterday and Samsung had S23 Ultras listed as available for sale again. I'm hoping they post the trade in info on the S24 Ultra soon so I can decide whether I'm going to trade in my Fold5 for the S24 Ultra or just buy an S23 Ultra and sell my ZFold5. I had the S23 Ultra and I never should have traded it in for the Fold5. I'm not interested in the AI features and I'm not thrilled that Samsung is ditching the curved screen on the S24 Ultra but I do like that they are saying that they will be supporting it for 7 years.