JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging Slow after UI 6.1 update

(Topic created: a month ago)
userfMWubGNzs4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I installed the UI 6.1 update this morning on my s23 ultra and it has slowed my phone down overall.  Also charging via my Samsung fast wireless charger is slow.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userIzHov1g89d
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I was able to fix this the problem by going to Setting > Battery > Battery Protection, then change the setting to "maximum". Now it's fast charging again.

View solution in context

10 Replies
edgarttr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here buch oh lodging in Avery app and wifi connecion issue. Restar the phone didn't fit anything.
0 Likes
userfMWubGNzs4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Also I now have to take off my case to wireless charge since the update

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
It's a known issue. Samsung either accidentally or overlookingly limited charging on all s23 models including the ultra to only 15 watts maximum. This is not affecting every phone, but it is affecting enough phones that Samsung is aware of the issue. Could you imagine having the s23 ultra and having a maximum of 15 watts charging?
Options
Galaxy S23
My old s23 Ultra, I had to pull it out of the box yesterday to update it and I just took it out again to test if it's affecting mine, my battery was already at 80% but I still was able to hit 21 Watts on my 45 watt fast charger. The funny thing is that the app I was measuring with was recognizing my charger as a 25 watt charger not a 45 watt so I believe I'm affected too just not limited to 15 watts it seems I'm limited to 25w
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
my s23 ultra had super fast 2.0 since i got it a year ago ...nvr had issues at all.. then came the feb and march updates ...not i plug in and it starts at teal circle at super fast 2.0 then 10 seconds later the circle changes to green and only fast charging, i have both anker and samsung 45w chargers and the fast 5a cables to go w them . and yet no super fast 2.0 so samsung messed up something in those 2 updates and i hope they fix it do i charge fast now . yeah ..i do . faster than alot of other phones but super fast 2.0 is blazing.. i want it back !!!!!!
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
after every update i always clear cache partition.. it helps alot to clean out old **bleep**. see screen shot on how to do it . 1711763907207.jpg
Options
Galaxy S23
After every update, it automatically clears the most problematic things, as in the phone does essentially the " fix apps " procedure before rebooting after every OTA. You typically do not need to clear cache after an OTA. If it's something that you do as a personal choice then that's completely different than recommending everybody clear cache after every OTA. Having cache is not a bad thing, everyone thinks it's something negative when in reality your phone needs it to function. It's a roadmap that allows faster app launching, many other positives but we're not going to get into that cuz that's not what this threads about. Samsung fixed their own issue, I can confirm that both my S23U and S24U charge normally and neither phone has a single bug. It's a win in my book if a problem is discovered and fixed within the same 24-hour period especially with massive companies like Samsung.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Everything's all fixed for me, I don't drive the s23 ultra anymore, but I do still have it and I took it out a little while ago again and checked for a play system update which I had, I applied that update and I'm getting around 30 w charges on average with 48% battery in the tank using my OEM 45W charger. That's about on spec for what it should be.
Solution
userIzHov1g89d
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I was able to fix this the problem by going to Setting > Battery > Battery Protection, then change the setting to "maximum". Now it's fast charging again.