JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Difference between Samsung messages and normal text messaging?

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 07:41 PM)
SalisV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey what is the difference between Samsung messages and normal text messaging cone someone please explain ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The normal messages is Samsung message and then you have Google Messages they are both fairly the same but they both have slight differences

Here's a summary of the key differences between Samsung Messages and Google Messages:
Features:

* Cross-device: Google Messages can be synced across devices, so you can access your messages on your phone, tablet, or computer. Samsung Messages is limited to Samsung devices.
* Spam protection: Google Messages has built-in spam protection to help identify and filter spam messages. Samsung Messages doesn't have spam protection.
Interface:
* Layout: Samsung Messages displays conversations from the bottom of the screen, while Google Messages displays them from the top.
* Search: Google Messages has a dedicated search bar for searching messages, while Samsung Messages requires tapping a search button to access search.
* Organization: Google Messages automatically categorizes messages (personal, transactions, OTPs, etc.), while Samsung Messages requires manual categorization.
Ultimately, the best choice for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you value features like RCS messaging, cross-device access, and spam protection, then Google Messages is a good option. If you prefer the layout of Samsung Messages or you only use Samsung devices, then Samsung Messages may be sufficient for your needs.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The normal messages is Samsung message and then you have Google Messages they are both fairly the same but they both have slight differences

Here's a summary of the key differences between Samsung Messages and Google Messages:
Features:

* Cross-device: Google Messages can be synced across devices, so you can access your messages on your phone, tablet, or computer. Samsung Messages is limited to Samsung devices.
* Spam protection: Google Messages has built-in spam protection to help identify and filter spam messages. Samsung Messages doesn't have spam protection.
Interface:
* Layout: Samsung Messages displays conversations from the bottom of the screen, while Google Messages displays them from the top.
* Search: Google Messages has a dedicated search bar for searching messages, while Samsung Messages requires tapping a search button to access search.
* Organization: Google Messages automatically categorizes messages (personal, transactions, OTPs, etc.), while Samsung Messages requires manual categorization.
Ultimately, the best choice for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you value features like RCS messaging, cross-device access, and spam protection, then Google Messages is a good option. If you prefer the layout of Samsung Messages or you only use Samsung devices, then Samsung Messages may be sufficient for your needs.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I've used both. If you've got a foldable device Sammy's solution wins hand down because you've got the capability of expanding the message panel and can read more than a couple lines of text when replying to messages.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Google-or-Samsung-messages/td-p/277922...
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
i use both. i like RCS alot though
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I would use Google as samsung phasing out samsung messages