JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turn off group texts in the Messages app - Samsung S23

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 03:00 PM)
JLO91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello all, I recently switched carriers and upgraded to a Samsung 23. With my previous Samsung, I was able to turn off group texts and send individual texts to 20 contacts. I am unable to find that capability/setting on this new phone using the messages app. Appreciate your help. Thanks, 🙄

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting to be able to turn off group messaging! 

You can do that by tapping Settings, and then tap More settings. Tap Multimedia messages, and then tap the switch next to Group conversation. You can also find this setting by opening the desired group message and tapping More options (the three vertical dots). Then, tap the switch next to Group conversation.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting to be able to turn off group messaging! 

You can do that by tapping Settings, and then tap More settings. Tap Multimedia messages, and then tap the switch next to Group conversation. You can also find this setting by opening the desired group message and tapping More options (the three vertical dots). Then, tap the switch next to Group conversation.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Members_hLK7LX6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

That does not work with Tmobile services. It did work with Verizon...why???

Members_hLK7LX6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This does not work with Tmobile services but does with Verizon....why??