JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Navigation bar settings, swipe gestures removed, AOD

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userAfEtZa4BFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Why did they update this? Who asked for them to change the navigation bar gesture settings? Before you could just swipe up for the navigation bar gestures, up for home, up for back, up for all apps. 

Now they changed that to swiping left and right for back and all apps and up from home. The problem with that is swiping left on my phone while in an app like Facebook now confuses my phone and it doesn't know if I want to go back or swipe into a whole other area of the app I'm in. Also it doesn't even work good. I swipe right for back and it just closes everything. Lol I swipe left for all apps and it takes me to the home screen. This update sucks so bad. Tried to contact customer care and the guy tells me to reset app preferences. Now all my apps want me to update the settings when I open them . 

He tried to take remote control to reset my entire device smh 
129 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Download Good Lock and install the LockStar plug-in. There is a toggle to turn on the brightness slider for the AOD. 1714981970199.jpg
0 Likes
Wormser
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Cool. Thank you
0 Likes
darrryn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you add volume controller to always on display? I would like to get to my volume controller next to my screen brightness adjuster. Is this possible? I also have a 23
0 Likes
saenc21000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The last update on my Galaxy S22 changed the color of the clock on my phone for some reason, but when I went to fix it I found the edit lock screen option is not working. I've tried both clicking on the picture of the lock screen in under Settings>Wallpaper and Style (clicking on the picture of the home screen works as it should) and clicking on Edit Lock Screen in under Settings>Lock Screen and AOD. Both flash/highlight as if they are reacting, but nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

Suggestions from the comments I have now tried:

- I have restarted my phone.

- Pressing and holding the lock screen does prompt me to unlock it, but it just takes me to my home screen.

0 Likes
Mikie532
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you restarted your phone?
Also, you can hold down on your lockscreen, and it should prompt you to unlock your phone and automatically open the "edit lockscreen"
0 Likes
saenc21000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have restarted my phone and holding down on my lock screen does prompt me to unlock it, but it just takes me to my home screen. Thanks anyway.

Mikie532
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Try downloading "Goodlock"
Open Goodlock
Scroll down to "LockStar" and switch on. The only thing you can't do is change the color of the clock. But you can resize and reposition the clock and widgets as well as add different widgets like shown in the first picture.
From the same app download "ClockFace" You can completely customize your lockscreen clock as well as make your own as shown in the last two pics.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock
1716229988571.jpg1716230154681.jpg1716230154737.jpg
0 Likes
Mikie532
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I also recommend getting in contact with @@GaryB82, he is very knowledgeable and recommend "Goodlock" to fix my swipe navigation bar problem as well.
0 Likes
jealousofmothman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
the new software update came automatically on my phone and it's so bad it totally screws up the navigation bar I hate this update 
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
You need to Download the new Version of Navstar from inside of Goodlock
Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock
Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.