JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issue syncing contacts using Exchange Active Sync to Samsung email

(Topic created: 04-03-2022 09:03 PM)
T1975
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Anyone else having issues syncing (updated) contacts into the device?

I am using Samsung email, not outlook and the first Sync is successful. However, if I add or update any of the contacts in my desktop Outlook they are not making it down to the phone. Or vice versa. Manual sync does not help. 

I can remove the account, which will delete or contacts. Add it back again, all the changes are in, but any subsequent change is not showing up on the phone!

So frustrating...

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 9.02.48 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your frustration with  your contacts not syncing properly.  Your phone or tablet can synchronize contacts with many different services. Each one will have slightly different options and settings, and some will require that service's app to be installed. Please give this link a try : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001453/ 

I would also recommend checking out Microsoft forum  as other members may be experiencing similar symptoms : I recommend trying this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/mobile-contacts-android-doesnt-sync-with/3...

For additional assistance, please contact Microsoft directly.

View solution in context

0 Likes
39 Replies
payamsh
Constellation
Options

I'm having the same problem. Contacts don't sync to Exchange server. 

crundle
Halo
Options
I have the same problem on my S22+. My contacts were syncing just fine between Google and exchange on my s10 but don't seem to work on my new s22+
userkFHvu2h3Vo
Asteroid
Options

hi i have the same problem on my s21 ultra for some time now and effectively the only thing that works is deleting the account and adding it back then it syncs for a few sessions and then stops.

If you go to the mail app, settings, tap the account in question then you can see on my screen shot that it updates email, calendar and task but contacts not updated since 9 April.

screenshot mail app.jpgscreenshot contacts app.jpg

However in the contacts app it says it synced just now on 21 April.

It seems there is an issue coming from the mail app which is blocking the syncing of the contacts.

@samsung could anyone please look into this thank you.

userzzBvksEae6
Asteroid
Options

I am deleting the account and adding it back every time add a new contact on my phone now. I really hope @userGj22vB51qt fixes the issue soon. 

Mgrunhut
Astronaut
Options
I am having the same problem. Is Samsung aware it? Is it a Samsung issue? It really needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if there are many users that don't realize that their contacts aren't syncing
userkFHvu2h3Vo
Asteroid
Options

i don't think they are but how to make them aware... i've tried to use the chat tool here but it doesn't work. it definitely seems to be a samsung or android issue and i am sure many users are not aware....

T1975
Asteroid
Options

I have tried to use my contacts at Samsung Enterprise sales - no go. Based on my discussion they are NOT aware - we need to find a way to submit this bug to them! Any ideas? We need the product manager for the Contacts app. Anyone?

userzzBvksEae6
Asteroid
Options

I think we need to get some tech related media attention to the issue too. If someone knows a way please share

Mgrunhut
Astronaut
Options
I also have the same problem. Is there an answer?