Original topic:

Feedback on Samsung Care Plus

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_t60V6Lw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

What an absolute nightmare Care+ is, and at this point I'm pretty sure it is a blatant scam. I dropped my phone 6 days ago and hit the curved edge just perfect to shatter it. No biggie I thought, I bought the Care plus package for just such an emergency!

Go to the website, account is showing active, click on file claim and get an error saying no devices are covered. Weird, better call them. Get told that my account was conveniently cancelled two days ago due to non payment. Funny, website shows it active with no issues. Rep puts me on hold and comes back saying it's a glitch in their portal, that the account is in good standing and they just have to fix it on their end. It will take 24 hours and to call back next morning to file claim.

I call back next day and the rep has no idea what I'm talking about. Go through the whole process again and get told I need to call back and talk to billing. I do, billing says same thing. Account is active and in good standing. I need to call the technical team back to have them fix it. Call back, now get told it will take 48 hours to fix. I ask to escalate to next level, get told there is no one else in the building and forced off the phone. 

Call back 48 hours later. Rep now says the account is no longer cancelled, but on hold due to non payment. Get put on hold, comes back and says he spoke to his supervisor and the account is in good standing. It will take another 48 hours to fix. I'm livid at this point, and ask to speak to the supervisor. I am told they are all in a meeting and that I cannot speak to them. He says his supervisor will call me back today. It is now 10pm, so I'm assuming that was another lie.

So now here I am, 6 days without a working phone with no resolution in sight and no recourse to fix it. I'm convinced at this point they just try to frustrate you to the point where you fix the **bleep** thing yourself out of pocket and that the Care+ package is just a blatant scam. I have been a long time Samsung customer and am deeply engrained in the Galaxy line of items, but this is leaving a very sour taste and making their competitors look much better.

2 Replies
imzrz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

i mean it could be but maybe look into phone coverage from your phone provider. my dad has had samsung for years now, never had care+ bc he had insurance from tmobile. theyre all just as  crappy, but since its with your phone service provider they cant ever say they have had a billing issue. this sucks tho.

0 Likes
Members_t60V6Lw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I bought the phone and the Care+ service directly through Samsung as I figured it would be the safer option. Guess not.

0 Likes