Original topic:

You know what I hate?

(Topic created: a month ago)
AverageSensei
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Paying extra to get the unlocked version of the S23 Ultra only to have my updates controlled by Verizon, but since I didn't buy the phone from Verizon I get the update even later than all Verizon users. 
13 Replies
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
That's because samsung refuses to be like apple & they let the telecos do the work instead of them. That's one thing I give apple credit for even though I am not a fan of theirs.
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Amen to that, šŸ™

Hard to believe in 2024 this process still continues with delayed updates.....
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@All4dom Believe me that Samsung and all the other manufacturers want to push straight to devices also. Back when Apple entered the market every carrier bowed to Apple's every wish because they were drooling over getting the Apple crowd onto their service.

Previous to Apple joining the market, manufacturers fought to even have their brand name left on the phone. The carriers only wanted their branding.

0 Likes
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm very frustrated too & on top of that I have not been happy with my samsung tv purchase. Samsung really needs to step up.
0 Likes
AverageSensei
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah my TV started acting up 3 months outside of warranty, volume won't go above 16.
Mind you I bought this expensive TV in 2022, while a Samsung TV I had from 2016 is still working perfectly fine, Samsung is funding the wrong department(marketing)
0 Likes
All4dom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung needs to make a few less variants of each device & focus a little bit more on quality.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Be patient they are updating a lot of devices. The folds, flips, and s23's are all scheduled to get the update starting today. I personally know that Verizon started pushing the update out to the Locked Folds around 2am

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
AverageSensei
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
That's what's ironic, I'm a very patient dude but last time I got the update like a month later than everyone else, is just funny how we are paying premium yet get the worst treatment.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have an unlocked phone with no branding, can't you simply remove your SIM card and use wifi?
Maybe Airplane mode then turn wifi on?
0 Likes