Original topic:

eSIM overwitten, now cannot add

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 07:11 AM)
Members_TmZIhJo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

S23 Ultra had a physical SIM (Google Fi) and an eSIM (Yettel Hungary). After swapping it out and back in, the physical SIM was not recognized by the phone, and Google Fi installed an eSIM in lieu of the physical SIM. I ordered a new physical SIM from Google, and it works fine. However, when I try to add the Yettel eSIM, I get the following error  message: "Your eSIM isn't ready yet. For more information, contact your service provider." I did, and they told me their eSIM should had been deactivated first. They would give me a new eSIM, but they require me to show up in person. I won't travel to Hungary for months. 

Is there any way to properly remove/deactivate the eSIM from the phone, so I can add it back. Seemingly, I have no eSIMs on the phone at the moment.

4 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello,

I would contact the carriers before doing any change on my Sims, as they may know if there are any extra steps to take before making changes.
0 Likes
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
You don't see this option? Screenshot_20240404-225105_cropped_1000015443_1712285480.png
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
If your primary carrier is AT&T or Verizon, your phone can only use SIMs from the United States and Puerto Rico.

If your primary carrier is T-Mobile, the following countries are supported for your other SIMs:
ā€¢ United States
ā€¢ Germany
ā€¢ Sweden
ā€¢ Switzerland
ā€¢ United Kingdom
ā€¢ Austria
ā€¢ Kuwait
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
What is your model number? Does it end in U1?
0 Likes