JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s23 Ultra 4-5hr to Charge Battery

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 05:59 PM)
inad316
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I never had this issue before. It could be because of an update back in Feb or March. I started having this issue last week or so. It says it will take 1.5hrs then go to 3hrs then 4 then 5. Changed the cables, the brick, I sometimes use laptop chargers with higher watts. None fix the issue. Went in safemode, cleared cache, my batter life is around 94%.. I upgraded to the new 6.1 OS which has cool features but still having the issue. 

Is anyone else having the same issue? My phone is useless now. Takes forever to charge. No fast charging even when its turned on. I will try another cable but so far I have exhausted all options.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
inad316
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had it turned on already.  I think it's fixed now. I put it in save mode I restarted numerous times. Turned off fast charging. Let it charge while phone was off. Turned it on at 50%. Turned on fast charging again. Switched cables and started working again. Went back to all the other cables and bricks and even my car charger and all charge at normal fast speed. Not sure what fixed it or what was wrong. Maybe clearing the cache and restarting numerous times did the trick or the battery having to be above a certain percentage. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Moonbase1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
Moonbase1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Check this out. Not sure if it will help. But... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/s23-ultra-no-longer-fast-or-super-fast-charges...

Also, make sure that fast charging didn't get turned off.
Enable Fast Charging

One of the primary reasons why fast charging isnā€™t working on your Android or Samsung device could be that you havenā€™t enabled the feature on it, just as mentioned above. The best way to resolve this is to navigate to the right panel on your phone to activate the feature.

You can simply get that done by applying the stepwise guide below:

Go to the Settings panel on your Android phone by tapping on the gear icon on your Home Screen.

Scroll down and find Battery and device care from the options appearing, and tap on it.

Next, click Battery > More battery settings.

When the next screen comes up, ensure you toggle all options underneath the Charging section. After completing the steps, try to see if fast charging will start working.
0 Likes
Solution
inad316
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had it turned on already.  I think it's fixed now. I put it in save mode I restarted numerous times. Turned off fast charging. Let it charge while phone was off. Turned it on at 50%. Turned on fast charging again. Switched cables and started working again. Went back to all the other cables and bricks and even my car charger and all charge at normal fast speed. Not sure what fixed it or what was wrong. Maybe clearing the cache and restarting numerous times did the trick or the battery having to be above a certain percentage. 

0 Likes