Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 08:43 AM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
16_oz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's great but a $1400 dollar phone with camera should be able to take crisp colorful shots without having to do all that. If you're on vacation and take 200 pics, it's totally unreasonable to have to 'fix' all them
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Stecee Any return details would be dependent on your area. Unfortunately you have landed in the user to user discussion group for the Samsung US products and services. To find the discussion area for the UK, visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/

0 Likes
Stecee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone know if the cameras within the S24 Ultra phones are upgrades from previous phones as they seem to be a lot lower in image quality. If anyone has the knowledge and/or ability to ompare the  Note 20 ultra cameras to the s24 Ultra camera it would be interesting too see and understand the difference between them. 

Thanks all 

0 Likes
lloyd420
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone facing problems with their S24+ camera? My phone takes very bad pictures on all lenses. The pictures are extremely soft and when you zoom in (a bit) and you can only see powdered pixels. HDR is also very bad. The image processing is very bad on this phone. My S23 FE takes better pictures than this phone, in all ways. I am so surprised. 
Derrickguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung, 

I understand you want to lift the shadows in photos, but just like every other year, you boosting shadows and decreasing contrast, it results in over exposed shots when it comes to the scenery and skin tones. I along with a lot of other people are ok with some shadow being there. Heck, proper cameras keep the shadows in photos, AND the goal of smartphone cameras are meant to one day replace professional cameras. This can not be achieved if you're over exposing every shot just to provide information in the shadows even though that isn't needed. The main focus should be the subject, not the surroundings (except the sky of course). Please reduce the exposure so that my skin doesn't look like the sun is right next to me. Also, add some contrast, please. 

Thanks
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

If you use the normal camera app, these changes are done automatically when the phone post processes your photos.

If you want to avoid all of this and manually increase exposure, you should try Pro Mode (on your camera click More and then Pro Mode). If you want to take it further, you can download the Expert Raw app from the Samsung App Store. This option will get you the closest to a professional camera regarding settings like ISO, exposure, etc. You can even buy some filters to get insane results. Here is a video where I learned this, this was done with an S23 Ultra, but the accessories and settings are the same:

https://youtu.be/5ubocHCoHmo?si=r_Hd51yv1rJHaXQM

Enjoy your camera.
0 Likes
Derrickguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I understand that using Pro mode would fix most of the issues I'm mentioning, but everyone isn't a magician with Pro mode. Standard users should be able to take a photo and not have to worry about over exposing issues tbh. It's an easy fix for Samsung, but they don't want to do it.
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Another option you may want to try is in your standard camera app, click Settings > Intelligent Optimization, and turn off/on Scene Optimizer.
0 Likes
Ryanel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
A disposable camera from the 90s takes better pictures than the S24 Ultra 50mp and 200mp camera. That optimization tool has killed all the important moments when I most needed a camera making all my pictures so dark and overly saturated! I feel so disappointed with Samsung after buying 2 S24 Ultra one for myself and the other as a gift for my mother and they both have the same issue. I was on the edge to switching from Android to iPhone for the first time and decided to give Samsung one last try and I'm starting to regret it for good. If on the next update all these optimization **bleep** is not fixed, I'm never looking back at Samsung.
JayyT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm in the same boat as you. Except I switched from iPhone to Android. You'd think this is something you wouldn't have to worry about. I'm hoping an update comes soon because I have 14 days to return this phone and I'm on the edge of doing so
0 Likes