Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
userI6Li8bMMVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Blurry vudeos
0 Likes
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok. I'm just gonna throw this out there. Blurry when you record, play back, zoomed, standard? Also are your lenses dirty? A little more info just might help.
0 Likes
0xsaul
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone found a fix? Coming from iphone 13 mini that phone took better pics.
0 Likes
Stecee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had the S24 Ultra since launch in the UK. Purchased two of them

I have taken images of many things in all settings and turned off all the auto optimisations.

I had a family event and took all the photos. I Looked at them this morning and they are all grainy, pixilated and if you zoom in by any amount they are all blurry. 

My Note 20Ulta had a better camera.

How do we return this terrible phone.

SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

Have you tried to take your photos at least at 50 MP? Also, remember to install Camera Assistant on the Samsung App Store to get more options. Use the Photo Pro Mode or Raw Photo (also available on the Samsung App Store) to be able to take high quality photos that can also be edited later on the computer.

If you open your Camera app, click Settings and there is an option called Settings to keep, here you can set up which settings are going to be kept each time you open the Camera app. I just listed some options that may help you to improve your experience but you can look some videos on YouTube to even improve more. I can say that this phone paired with some accessories and some computer editing is the closest phone Camera to replicate results from a Profesional Camera.

I would recommend to first play around with all the tools and functions your phone has to offer before using it for your events.
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, thank you for explaining. Is the camera asst for Good lock? When I search the app store it's showing Good lock
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, yes you can download GoodLock and then open it and download Camera Assistant.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Once you download camera assistant it will be in your camera settings for easy access.
0 Likes
Stecee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi again Sergio,

All settings have been tried on 12, 50 and 200 with optimisation on and off, and various settings changed.  I have tried these prior and checked again. It would be interesting to know if the cameras as designed to be a lesser quality and rely on AI. It really is a terrible phone for images. My drone takes better images from above with a 4x zoom.

0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello again,

It may be then a hardware issue. On this post, an Embassador shared the link for you so you can see what you can do.

As for me, I have so far a great experience taking photos with this phone. I shared with you a close-up picture I took this week of a bird.

The only option I can suggest if you feel like trying more options is to Google or search on Youtube: "S24 Ultra best Camera settings" to see if you find something that may help you. Other than that, as I mentioned before, it may be another issue related to something else.

I wish you the best of luck.20240322_132326_1000038179_1711139013.jpg
0 Likes