JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FIXED: Audio issue with headphones (bluetooth & wired) in Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra (dirrefent loudness in left & right channels)

(Topic created: 02-25-2024 01:15 PM)
radoslav7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello Samsung Community,

I recently acquired the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 512 GB, and while I was initially excited about its features, I am encountering a concerning issue with the audio output when using headphones or any Bluetooth audio output devices.

The problem is evident when I connect my Samsung Buds to my device. The left channel appears to be operating at approximately 30% loudness compared to the right channel, which maintains a 100% volume level. I'd like to highlight that the Samsung Buds work perfectly on my old device S9+ as well as on S22 Ultra and S23 Ultra, indicating that the problem is specific to the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Intriguingly, when I tested the same scenario with a wired pair of headphones and a USB to AUX dongle, the imbalance was reversed – the left channel was at full volume, while the right channel was reduced. Additionally, I tested the Bluetooth connection with a Bluetooth speaker, and the issue persists (the left channel is a lot quieter than the right one). 

This discrepancy significantly impacts the audio experience, and I must express my deep regret regarding my most recent purchase. I am reaching out to the community for advice on potential solutions or insights into whether this is a known issue. Additionally, I am considering the possibility of returning the phone as faulty and obtaining a replacement.

If any fellow users have experienced a similar problem or have suggestions for troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate your input. Your assistance in resolving this matter would go a long way in restoring my confidence in the Samsung brand.

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

Best regards,
Radoslav Kolev

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you checked Settings >Accessibility >Hearing Enhancements? That's where audio balance for both the internal speakers and connected devices is located.

View solution in context

12 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Check for ear wax on the speaker grill
radoslav7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for the tip, but it's not a wax issue. Please read again the post.

radoslav7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

P.S.: I have already installed the latest and most recent software update, but this didn't solve the issue.

PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you try the test(I'm having a brain fart) but it's in the wearable app that test the sound and if you're having an issue, report it.
My buds are working on my S24plus, coming from the s10.
JayDilla
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Go get a new phone, they will replace it
0 Likes
Solution
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you checked Settings >Accessibility >Hearing Enhancements? That's where audio balance for both the internal speakers and connected devices is located.
radoslav7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much @neilth!

I want to express my deepest gratitude for your assistance. It turns out that, by default, the balance settings are being moved to the right side. I've never configured any Accessibility options, but somehow this was set by default.

I am genuinely thankful for your advice! Your help is truly appreciated. 🙏

neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
You are welcome. I'm glad that I could be of assistance!
spcsc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Temporary solution, go to the wearable app and go to accessibility in the settings and adjust the slider to balance the sound. Also when I've bad this issue, even cleaning the grill hadn't worked, and I had to (disgustingly) suck out wax from the grill.. hated it, but it fixed it... although a toothbrush probably would've worked.