Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra eventually disconnects from Wi-Fi 7 network, claiming no internet?

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 06:27 PM)
jhight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

After a few hours I will notice that my S24 ultra has switched to the cellular network from the wifi 7 network. When I go to the wifi network chooser, it incorrectly indicates that my wifi network has no internet connection. However, when I turn wifi off and back on, it immediately reconnects and displays the wifi 7 icon in the status bar once again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

MaksimNM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't understand how Samsung released S24 Ultra with supposedly WiFi 7 support when it can't even hold steady WiFi connection. I have tried every possible troubleshooting that I found online, still holds WiFi 7 for few seconds, and honestly I don't think it is catching WiFi 7 speeds period, just shows WiFi 7, but quickly shortly after shows WiFi 6. Can't load apps, or open links. I have tried every troubleshooting, and nothing. I even tried troubleshooting here in the members app, showing me my wifi is working normal with speeds 6x than what I actually see, not sure where their wifi speed numbers coming from as it is even higher than what I pay for. I just submitted error report, let's see how many weeks or months it'll take.
0 Likes
userBbijLDtlz3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

YES! Only I have the s24 Plus. It's definitely a phone issue and not a network issue.

I've rebooted my network, phone, etc. I even managed to screenshot it happening in real time.

The image is when I was pinging my gateway/router, which is a Google Nest Wi-Fi router. I also had a laptop on wifi pinging at the same time AND my galaxy s22+ and my s24+ was the only one disconnecting.

PingIssue.jpg

0 Likes
VAHDYX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here! REAL QUESTION is will Samsung address it or no? I'm hunching no!

0 Likes
userY6RIIOEkms
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same problem here with s24+
0 Likes
Atypicalguy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. New s24 ultra keeps dropping. Did it at hotel over weekend when every other device we own stayed connected (ipad, surface). Now doing it at home on Unifi hardware which works flawlessly. Wife's s22 seems to have similar issues also. Crazy on a $700 phone. ATT carrier. 

0 Likes
punchbricks
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not just wifi 7. I have a wifi 6 router that will drop the phone as I walk around the house.

My 4 year old OnePlus did not have this problem, nor does my Nintendo switch, my wife's S10 or any of our laptops or tablets.
0 Likes
Ahmed S
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here just got it and had the same problem

0 Likes
Ag_sa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue. And battery on this phone is pathetic. What a piece of junk! 

0 Likes
userFd9aHbfZPl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Any find a fix for this issue? I contacted support 2 weeks ago and was told they'd get back to me with a solution which they haven't done...
brubone
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here.

Any solution? 

0 Likes