Original topic:

Issues with bluetooth/android auto

(Topic created: 03-18-2024 02:47 PM)
Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I recently upgraded to an S24 Plus, and have been having issues with android auto/Bluetooth in my car. I have 2 cars- in the one car, media plays just fine, but when I try to use the Google Assistant ("OK google"), there is no audio from the Google assistant. I can see captions on my phone of what the assistant is saying, but no audio. Again, media audio works fine.

On my other car, which has android auto, I can connect without an issue, and I see the android auto interface on the infotainment system, but there is no audio at all, no media etc,  even though the title/artist/album etc still shows up on the screen. When I try to connect to the car's regular bluetooth audio, it seems to allow the audio for a few seconds, then it turns off, again the title/artis/album still show up,  just without audio.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

13 Replies
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Epedone. What kind of vehicles snd headunits (android stereos) are we dealing with? It sometimes makes a difference. Also, on the one that Google Assistant has no audio. Is it enabled in the settings? There is a setting in Samsung phones enabling the user to deliver audio to more than one device.
0 Likes
Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Sorry it looks like my previous reply didn't post.

The car with Android auto is a Porsche 981 with the stock PCM3.1 head unit, and an aftermarket zz2 android auto module. The phone connects to it just fine, with the android auto interface showing up,  just no audio. I've tried everything I can think of including deleting and reinstalling android auto, resetting bluetooth and wifi settings, resetting all phone settings, system update, reinstalling spotify and Google maps

The other car is a toyota corolla. It does not have android auto, just regular Bluetooth. Media will play via Bluetooth, but I can't hear any voice prompts from the Google assistant 

0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds like there is a power struggle between what device is using Bluetooth/media/audio.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Make sure the phone is paired to the car for calls and audio/music, not just as a handsfree device.  Someone else had that issue.  I'd delete the pairing from the car and the phone, reboot and start over.

Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've tried doing that.

Also my android auto module connects to the phone via wifi actually.  It has the ability to plug in a wired USB connection as well, which has the same outcome- android auto interface works but no audio 

0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Is the phone connected to anything via Bluetooth,  while it's connected to the android auto module?

0 Likes
Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've tried disconnecting it from any other bluetooth devices to see if that helps, but to no avail. It seems that my phone Will pair to the actual aftermarket unit via Bluetooth, but then it creates it's own wifi network through which android auto is transmitted

0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

So is it connected via both Bluetooth and WiFi  to that module simultaneously? Or just WiFi?  Seems like a weird setup for android auto.

0 Likes
Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It seems to be both.  And honestly I'm still trying to figure this all out myself as well.

It's called a ZZ2 module, and the way it pairs with a new phone is with an initial wired usb connection, then it's wireless after that. When it first boots up it goes to a proprietary home screen, and then android auto is an app within it. It seems the phone initially bluetooth pairs to the ZZ2 device, then once android auto is initialized the phone connects to a wifi network produced by the module. Shutting off either Bluetooth or wifi on the phone causes android auto to shut down

0 Likes