Original topic:

Issues with bluetooth/android auto

(Topic created: 03-18-2024 02:47 PM)
Epedone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I recently upgraded to an S24 Plus, and have been having issues with android auto/Bluetooth in my car. I have 2 cars- in the one car, media plays just fine, but when I try to use the Google Assistant ("OK google"), there is no audio from the Google assistant. I can see captions on my phone of what the assistant is saying, but no audio. Again, media audio works fine.

On my other car, which has android auto, I can connect without an issue, and I see the android auto interface on the infotainment system, but there is no audio at all, no media etc,  even though the title/artist/album etc still shows up on the screen. When I try to connect to the car's regular bluetooth audio, it seems to allow the audio for a few seconds, then it turns off, again the title/artis/album still show up,  just without audio.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

14 Replies
MelissaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
@Epedone, I will keep trying to find solution.
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

That is a complicated install process.  Did you look at the audio playback options in the ZZ2 install guide? There's a mix of settings related to car/phone bluetooth and audio streaming and descriptions, starting on page 8.

There's also an FAQ related to not hearing audio:

"Question: I can't hear any audio from the CarPlay/Android Auto system.

Answer: Your OE system must be resting on BT Audio (if on latest module sw) or AUX mode in order to hear any sound from the kit. This includes during phone calls. NOTE: Some systems AUX input are not labeled 'AUX', it may be labeled 'Media Interface' or there may be an audio conversion to the vehicle's USB input. Check with your installer for more information. "

I assume you looked through the install manual? https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0308/9465/3573/files/IT3-PCM30_1123w.pdf?v=1701103784

love_the_ladies
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I auto connect my Bluetooth headphones to my galaxy phone A325G
0 Likes
Ameth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hmm, I just experienced similar issue with my AA on Mazda CX-90, after upgraded from S22U to S24U.

The symptom is AA won't talk back to me, such as text message read out, weather info read out.  I can see the indicator glowing, which means it wants to talk but failed.

I also tried every possible way that I can think of, such as uninstall all AA upgrades, tweak all possible switches, no luck.  But I finally had it fixed by reseting my infotament system to factory default and reconnected, now the talk back is back.

One difference I noticed from my phone is the infotament system shown in phone bluetooth device list, when I had the problem, the "Audio" switch is off and can't be set to on (it will automatically turn off after few seconds if manually turned on), now it kept on and I had no problems. 

Probably you should go to your infotament system to check how your phone is connected, normally it should be shown as AA device instead of phone or audio devices.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Roc1234
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My phone does not work when making calls while connected to Android Auto music plays fine it'll try to call then makes weird noises and hangs up but if I switch to handset it works fine this has been happening for 3 days now
0 Likes