Original topic:

Facing issues after combining quick share and nearby share

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
asifzamee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Anyone facing any issues after combining the quick share and the nearby share on Samsung devices? Before this update, I used nearby share on my Galaxy S23 to my non Samsung phones of my friends. But after combining these two, this particular feature doesn't seem to work no matter what. I can not get it to send to nearby share devices. It does show up in the settings but when attempted to send a file, it fails.

10 Replies
MotorMike
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
The new ruined version of Quick Share is typical google garbage. Go to your settings >apps >find quick share, QS agent and QS connectivity and uninstall updates. Then see if it works again. I did just that and QS worked fine again.
EnDSchultz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
No good. The Nearby Share button returns but it just tells me "Use Quick Share!"
Updated or not, I can go longer share with my (fully up to date) Motorola now that they flipped the switch. Thanks Samsung.
Hussein Hamdan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

You're absolutely right guys. The last update of QuickShare, QS Agent and QS Connectivity ruined everything šŸ˜‘. The version before the update works PERFECT and much BETTER. I had to return back to the version before the update via sharing the three Apps from one of my friends who hasn't made the update yet šŸ˜… !!! and recommended him and almost everyone I know who owns Samsung device NOT to update and keep it that old way. The new update makes it more complicated to connect between devices even those sharing the same Samsung Account šŸ˜‘ !!! Even the devices can't detect each other as before and almost at all !!! Why Samsung are you doing this to us Why ?!!! Bring back the old version just before the update in which everything was working PERFECTLY !!

I'm sharing my old version of the three Apps that work PERFECT for those who made the update and can't go back:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ho-uD1eleAnUi2IfYsk2Uo87ShIkA8Vu

- Works PERFECT in my Samsung S10 and Note10 Plus

Rikdev Ghosh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

How to install these apps? I cannot uninstall the native quick share, so these apps are not installing.

0 Likes
Hussein Hamdan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

You're absolutely right guys. The last update of QuickShare, QS Agent and QS Connectivity ruined everything šŸ˜‘. The version before the update works PERFECT and much BETTER. I had to return back to the version before the update via sharing the three Apps from one of my friends who hasn't made the update yet šŸ˜… !!! and recommended him and almost everyone I know who owns Samsung device NOT to update and keep it that old way. The new update makes it more complicated to connect between devices even those sharing the same Samsung Account šŸ˜‘ !!! Even the devices can't detect each other as before and almost at all !!! Why Samsung are you doing this to us Why ?!!! Bring back the old version just before the update in which everything was working PERFECTLY !!

I'm sharing my old version of the three Apps that work PERFECT for those who made the update and can't go back:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ho-uD1eleAnUi2IfYsk2Uo87ShIkA8Vu

- Works PERFECT in my Samsung S10 and Note10 Plus

0 Likes
BlankShadow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

guys i've been using my files by google for a long time for sharing files, but after the integration it just says "nearby share not available on this device. šŸ„²šŸ˜­

0 Likes
BeNice1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Try this, it worked for me: https://youtu.be/AXkhWb7MRqY

FIXED] Quick Share Not Working on Samsung Phone If you can't use Quick Share to send or receive files from your Samsung Galaxy phone with other Android devices and Windows computers, here's how to fix it. #fix #samsungphones #quickshare #samsung #windows11 [fixed] quick share not working on ...
0 Likes
utchayAfroshimon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Quickshare on my Samsung s24 ultra isn't working and can't not share anything between my other Samsung devices such as my s22 ultra or my Galaxy Tab s8 ultra. I have tried everything.  Not sure what else to try. Quickshare worked with my S23 ultra to my s22 ultra and vice versa but not my Tab s8 ultra. Same settings to everyone, both devices in the same wifi not that it should matter because the Bluetooth is always on. Samsung please let me know what is going on.

0 Likes
badcheck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I haven't tried my quick share I just went to try my Bluetooth mic and it wasn't working? How long have you noticed this for?
0 Likes