JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I respond to error reports submitted via Samsung Members app

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
AppleFritter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Last week, I'd submitted an error report via the Samsung Members app for the never ending WiFi looping my S23 FE device is doing. I recieved a response yesterday asking me to follow a bunch of step to turn debug log on high, replicate issue, generate the dump of modem logs and share it with them.

There are 2 problems

1) Where is the log? The last few steps tell me to choose an option "copy log to SD card"  which is visible and I can do.  Except, there is no SD card slots in the last few generations of Samsung devices anymore, is there? In this case, I'm assuming, SD card refers to some specific location on the built in storage space. But if so, where is it?

2) That last step says "share the logs". The error report submitted via Members app doesn't have a respond button or textbox. There is no reference number to that error report submitted nor an email that I could reply back to. Its all inside of the members app, I only get push notifications. So even if I somehow manage to locate the logs, how am I supposed to send it to them?

Why is the support process so convoluted?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
On Samsung Member app, when you go to support >> check feedback you've sent, then tap on the report. There should be 'ask again', which the phone will collect system log and send it to them.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
On Samsung Member app, when you go to support >> check feedback you've sent, then tap on the report. There should be 'ask again', which the phone will collect system log and send it to them.
0 Likes
AppleFritter
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks for pointing that out. I've tried that option and responded back. Although, this step also "gathers system logs" just like done the first time, so I'm not sure if this step actually sent the modem logs collected in debug mode and copied to SD card per the instructions. Accepting this as a solution to how to respond back to previously submitted error reports via Samsung Members app.

0 Likes