Original topic:

S24 Ultra Charging issues after June 19th update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Mejichu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
After updating my S24 Ultra phone to the latest software my phone has had multiple troubles charging and keeping a charge + it overheats severely. I have tried switching cables and charging cubes, changing the settings, toggling fast charge on and off, but nothing works. Sometimes when I'm even charging it has uncharged a bit... This phone is still fairly new (got it in February), I've never dropped it, I don't have many apps or storage messing with it, I don't use it while it's charging, etc... 

What's the solution? or is there a way to uninstall the update without having to factory reset the phone ?
11 Replies
gnuaswe12345678910
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Manuel
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using a certified Samsung charger cable and plug? In my phone security settings, there's a feature that auto blocks malicious chargers, so I'm assuming it would block a full healthy charge. I used a charger not by Samsung on my A14, and my phone ended up never fully charging, and it broke. But on a good note, your phone adapts and is still learning your style and usage patterns, so it may take time to calibrate effectively. I'm assuming this based on my personal experience.i did notice putting my phone in airplane mode it charges faster though. 1719043692884.jpg
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Uuuum I luv your stars. Do you mind sharing how/where you got it?
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Sure, I got it from the themes icon from the store it's by Cogul it's a paid version, but I do have other ones that are free I could recommend as well. Here is the link to the theme for :glowing_star: stars called Rainbow Love
https://apps.samsung.com/theme/ProductDetail.as?appId=cogul.RainbowLoveYourself
0 Likes
Mejichu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't have that Auto Blocker feature on, but I've been using a cable I got while using my s21 Ultra (still new/got 1-2 months before I got this phone) and it was working completely fine before the latest update tho, I have noticed a few other s24 users having this same issue 🥲 I used the regular cable that it comes with but it's still about the same too
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I've read many people had these charging issues it's plausible it's the update i don't know, but sorry you are going through that.
Mejichu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's okay, but still thank you ! I didn't know that we had an auto blocker feature, I'm going to start using that !
0 Likes
JESSE_JAMES420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Noticed, it's been taking longer for myS24 ultra to charge Since the new update...?

0 Likes
Psycohousecat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've had the same problems. Fast charging takes hours now using all verified Samsung equipment. Phone doesn't hold charge very well now either. I'm so annoyed with Samsung at the moment, grrr. 

0 Likes