Original topic:

Samsung s24 ultra camera takes horrible photos

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
AlexG25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

A alguien le esta pasando que la cámara del s24 ultra toma fotos horribles? Muy pixeleadas y se puede ver claramente la diferencia entre el s24 y el s23 ultra, muy superior el s23 ultra, me dan ganas de devolver mi celular y moverme a iphone 😞 al subir historias a redes pierden mucha calidad y se suponía este nuevo samsung no iba a tener ese problema 

2 Replies
MisterB2024
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I have the S24+ and by default all images are horribly artifacted with distortions due to aggressive default over-processing. I just found the two solutions to fix the problems:

1) In the Camera app setting, set Intelligent Optimization to 'minimal'.

2) In the Gallery app settings, set Super HDR to 'OFF'.

Those two settings will eliminate the horrid pixel jaggedness, distortions and smudging that are showing up from over-aggressive processing

Also, download and try their Samsung Expert RAW photo software instead of default camera app.

Best quality found using 50MP camera.
MisterB2024
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, I need to update my prior comment:

Further playing with camera settings and situations revealed that the worst quality images with extreme degradation of quality were the JPG images when I used the PRO mode camera settings with the default Raw + JPG file save setting. When I was reviewing my Gallery images I was initially confused as to the presence of two seemingly identical images yet one of those pairs was always badly degraded. Thus, I've now set PRO mode file save to RAW only, and have also reactivated Maximum Optimization and reactivated Super HDR.

All is fine now but I have noticed only the 50MP FULL camera choices provides the best quality images. Any other lens choice or format (12MP or 3:4, 9:26, 1:1) provide less than stellar images. Also, JPG compression quality is far too restrictive and Samsung needs to allow greater user control over the degree of desired compression.

Finally, download the free Samsung Expert RAW camera app for greater exposure control, and the free Samsung Galaxy Enhance-X app for nice AI post-processing (but does not remove enough noise). 8
0 Likes