Original topic:

Wifi on S24 doesn't work first thing in the morning

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userHD2SBQGt3S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having a very strange problem with my new S24 that I haven't had on all my previous S's.

When I wake up in the morning after the phone has been idle at night, it's connection to my wifi doesn't work. Anything I try to do that requires interaction with the internet via WiFi will just show a spinning icon.

If I turn off wifi, my cell service works great. After a bit, I'll turn wifi back on and it will work properly.

Any ideas?

My router, btw, is an Asus RT-AX86U and my phone uses the 5 ghz band around the house.

5 Replies
Tdinh27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey, try restarting your router first and then forget the connection. After that, try connecting again. Also, try clearing the cache in safe mode.
userHD2SBQGt3S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The other Galaxy S's in the house are working fine. I doubt it's the routers fault, per se. I'll probably try those things in reverse order.

0 Likes
Tdinh27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
In order to optimize performance, consider rebooting the device in safe mode followed by clearing the cache. Refrain from performing a factory reset as it is not necessary in this situation.
0 Likes
Tdinh27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Hope that works for you.
0 Likes
ultralost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I had this on my 21ultra after new andriod update. Both wifi and Bluetooth would turn off on their own and I couldn't turn on in settings.

What finally worked for me..

For Bluetooth - I Uninstalled most recent version of Android Auto in apps. Then I went in and disabled it.

Shut down phone completely and do not have on a charger. Wait five minutes and boot back up.
I haven't had issue yet.

For wifi - go to wifi - click details.
Then click 3 dots in upper right corner.
Click intelligent wifi.
Scroll all the way to bottom and look for Intelligent wifi(6.0.0). You should see Connectivity Labs below. If you don't tap Intelligent Wifi multiple times until it unlocks Connectivity Labs.
Once in Connectivity Labs scroll down to Wifi Developer Options. Click it.
Scroll to bottom to Restart Wifi subsystem. Click it. New screen with blue button will appear. Click blue button. (Nothing will happen).
Now back 2 screens and click Reset All Lab settings.

Turn on airplane mode and shut down phone.
Do not charge.
Wait 5 minutes.
Power on phone but wait a few minutes for all background apps to load.
Now turn on wifi and turn off airplane mode immediately.

This worked for me and I haven't had wifi mysteriously shut itself off and stay greyed out. And that was happening for about 5 days. Good luck.

0 Likes