this morning I put my watch on the charger because it was nearly drained. when I picked it up it said my failed pin attempts would reset the watch after 5 tries. I hadn't tried to enter the pin. When I did, the watch would only put 22222** on the screen. I reset the watch and it now no longer works. Only change is I updated the Galaxy Wear app on the phone. what caused this and how to resolve?!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I understand how frustrating this is. The watch will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513- 3. Private message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
Galaxy Watch Active2 (B384) Model: SM-R820 /
- One UI Watch Version 2.0
- Tizen version 188.8.131.52
- Software version R820XXU1DUH1
- Last software update installed on 9/2/21.
- Knox 2.5.0
- Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.5.0
- SE for Tizen 2.0.0
- TIMA 3.0.0
Please review and provide instructions for correcting Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 touchscreen no longer functioning or advise if watch is no longer repairable and has run its life cycle.
I am experiencing the same issue as others are with the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 touchscreen no longer functioning. From reviews I have have read it appears to be a widespread problem for the touchscreen to stop functioning after approx. eight (8) months of operation. With this problem occurring often, I’m hopeful a rectification is obtainable for resolving as procuring a watch at this cost to get so insignificant use is inadequate.
- Watch first began to slightly vibrate, open & closing app screen several times the stopping.
- Several days later watch touchscreen became unusable.
- Both side buttons remain to work.
- Phone can connect and go thru settings.
- After a reboot the touchscreen attempts to work however after its completely booted up stops working again indicating this could be a software or hardware issue.
Below are actions I completed attempting to resolve touchscreen not functioning with no success:
- Updated latest available software.
- Using phone verified settings and found no accessible settings, do not disturb or other settings out of ordinary.
- Changed watch faces to several preinstalled standard ones.
- Uninstalled all applications capable of being uninstalled.
- Rebooted watch using side button numerous times.
- Allowed battery to completely discharge to turn watch off, recharged, and turned back on.
Have had my Galaxy active 2 for just over a year and one morning wake up to the screen being totally non-functional. The side buttons work. I performed at least four factory resets. The screen is in totally flawless condition there's not even a scratch on it. I contacted the local certified Samsung repair center and was told that the part to repair it cost almost as much as the watch itself. So am I basically stuck with no watch now?
I am having the exact same issue you mention. My Active2 stopped working after last update.
I understand Samsung wants to charge to repair this issue that is caused by their own software update.
Has anyone checked the cost of this repair by Samsung?