JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 11:47 AM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

66 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone, Welcome and thank you all for being the best part of Community. We have consulted with the engineers and the option to add custom sounds/ringtones was removed from the watches in a previous update. We have submitted this as a request to have the feature added back to the watches. 

However, we do have a solution thread that includes a YouTube video @Asapjdayfizzle17 posted with a solution to adding the custom sounds. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Adding-custom-ringtones-to-Galaxy-Watch-4/m-p/24320... 

0 Likes
elahav1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still    NO Custom rington 😞😡

0 Likes
Arkadios
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is there a easy way to customize notifications and ringtons. On the watch itself I don't see a option. 
SuRF3R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
On your wearable app ,when you open it scroll down to watch settings, click on it, then scroll down to sounds and vibration click on it and when that opens you will see options for what you need to do
0 Likes
Arkadios
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have that but no option to add a ringtone.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Install myWear File Explorer onto your watch from the Google Play Store. Next, on the Galaxy Wearable app, go to Watch Settings>Manage content to place the sound files you want to the on the device. After they've been uploaded, it's the same process as the phone. On the watch, use the myWear file explorer app to find the sound files on the watch, then copy them over to the notifications/ringtones folder. The sound files will become selectable on the watch for notifications and ringtones.
0 Likes
Arkadios
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
My pleasure! 🙂 Were you able to successfully add the sounds to your watch?
0 Likes
Arkadios
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't see ad content.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Apologies, it is under "Manage content." I have corrected my previous reply as well. After going there, select "Tracks on watch," then the plus sign in the top right corner.
0 Likes