JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to redownload previous watch faces on Galaxy watch 6

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 05:02 PM)
jackfrost1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just received and tried to access my previous watch faces to download, the store only shows that I purchased them and shows no way to re-download, anyone run into this, can't access them

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

These watch faces aren't compatible. 😞 It's a completely different operating system. Tizen (Watch 1, 2, 3) vs. Wear OS (Watch 4, 5, 6).

View solution in context

6 Replies
Jayem26
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
What was your previous watch?
jackfrost1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy 3
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch

These watch faces aren't compatible. 😞 It's a completely different operating system. Tizen (Watch 1, 2, 3) vs. Wear OS (Watch 4, 5, 6).

Jayem26
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same issue, I went from a 3 Classic to the 6 Classic and my watch faces that were purchased on Galaxy App Store are there. If you'll notice, all your Apps and watch faces are coming via the Google Play Store for the new OS.
jackfrost1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok thanks, now I know
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wish I had better news about that! Nevertheless, if you felt like I answered your question regarding the Galaxy Watch 3 watch face compatibility with newer Galaxy Watches, please hit accept as solution by my previous post so that other Community Members can more easily find this information should they also be wondering! 🙂