JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Upgraded to Watch 4, now no cell service standalone?

(Topic created: 05-29-2023 12:24 PM)
RUDDRICKY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So i got a Samsung Galaxy watch4 . It did have mobile plan in the wearable app, and mobile network options in the connection part of the settings. I updated my watch "SM-R860", and now anything to do with mobile network i,e the mobile plan in the wear app and on the watch it self all mobile network options have just gone. I cant get the IMEI number any more or the ICCID. I spoke to Samsung Tec Support and they are trying to tell me the watch is not a stand alone, i know for a fact it was because it was on O2 and it did have IMEI numbers and the rest of it like a silly sausage i didn't take note of these when they could be found. i know that Samsung are trying to make the galaxy watch 4 obsolete but this is abit much dont you think. also tring to add the watch to my Samsung account and the serial number on the watch can not be found by Samsung convenient all because of the update... any one got any idea's on how to get the mobile network options back I've literally tried everything everything i can think of and then some any help would be greatly appreciated .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I understand is your older watch is SM-R735 (Gear S2) and your current watch is SM-R860 (Watch 4). In other words, you 'upgrade' from SM-R735 (older one) to SM-R860 (newer one). These are two different models/devices. Your older watch has mobile network, but your newer watch doesn't.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ramesisx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try to open the wearable app from your phone. Then select your watch from there go to the watch setting then about watch section. You should be able to locate all the info about your watch.

Ramesisx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hope this helps 🙏
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
SM-R860 is Galaxy Watch 4 40mm Bluetooth version (no mobile network). If you want LTE version of it, you should get SM-R865.
RUDDRICKY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

thats the thing it did have mobile network but since the update its all gone

0 Likes
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I understand is your older watch is SM-R735 (Gear S2) and your current watch is SM-R860 (Watch 4). In other words, you 'upgrade' from SM-R735 (older one) to SM-R860 (newer one). These are two different models/devices. Your older watch has mobile network, but your newer watch doesn't.
0 Likes
RUDDRICKY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yer I realised I was getting it wrong with the update thing there but still the samsung galaxy watch 4 when I brought it had stand alone capabilitie but like I said I updated the software with the new one and it got ride of that option I reset everything and did everything I could to get it back but I can't but on my pull down notification on my phone it says    TITLE  "adding eSIM to watch..."& under it it says " keep your watch connected to your phone. " when I click on it it dose nothing I carnt even get rid of the notification?