JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 5Pro Samsung Health Crash!

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 06:03 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
Running today with the Watch 5Pro LTE. 
Phone left in the car. Tracking my morning run with Samsung Health and listening to Bluetooth headphones with music downloaded to the watch. The watch can stream music via LTE network, but I was just listening to music downloaded. 

Twice during the run, Samsung Health stopped recording my run. Had to restart. 

While the app did record each entry, it is frustrating that it stopped a couple of times and did not record the entire run in one segment. This is the first time that this has happened. It is after the most recent update of Samsung Health to the watch and phone. Hope this issue can be resolved with the next update!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up with that information. I would first recommend submitting an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look to the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

I would also reach out to our Samsung Health team directly to see if others have experienced these symptoms or if there is an update that they can provide on these symptoms. Please reach out to them directly at 1-855-795-0509

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your Samsung Health app crashing in the middle of a workout and would be happy to look into this further for you.

Do you experience this symptoms with all workouts or specific workouts?

When did these symptoms start?

Was this a one-time experience or has it happened multiple times?

What music app are you using when you experience these symptoms??

Did you by any chance notice if your watch lost signal when you experienced this?

Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the response and follow up questions.

I will address each...

1. First time this has happened. Posted a few days after the occurance. Latest updates on the watch and phone when it happened.

2. First time and will see if it happens again.

3. Yes, Spotify downloaded music to the watch. Phone was not nearby.

3. Samsung Health and Spotify.

4. It is an LTE version, but really did not need signal to play the downloaded music.
I did have the 4G turned on though, because even though the music is downloaded to the watch, it seems that Spotify does some sort of validation before playing music. It takes a bit for the album or play list tracks to appear on the watch. Downloaded music, this is odd behavior, but could be a Spotify thing.
GPS signal to track my run seemed strong throughout the run. Don't know why Samsung Health stopped recording my run randomly twice. Once at the beginning of the run and the second, towards the end.

Let me know if you have any further recommendations?
Any other reports like mine that Samsung has received?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up with that information. I would first recommend submitting an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to get a hands-on look to the symptoms you are experiencing. Give this link a try for steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

I would also reach out to our Samsung Health team directly to see if others have experienced these symptoms or if there is an update that they can provide on these symptoms. Please reach out to them directly at 1-855-795-0509

0 Likes