JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 6 Classic and Watch 5 Pro will not both install and connect on my S22 U

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 10:26 AM)
Jim54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I received my 6C last week and connected it to my phone. I left my 5P connected since there is a setting that allows the watch that is being worn to connect automatically. As soon as the W6 reached the point of connecting in setup the 5P disconnected. I completed the setup and the 6C worked properly. The 5P would not reconnect. I got a message that if I wanted it to connect I would have to reset and re-install it. I did that and the 6C disconnected at the same point in the 5P setup process. The 5P completed setup and worked properly. To keep this from being a short novel, I have powered both watches and the phone off and powered the phone and one of the watches on and set it up several times, it always works. The second phone (even if the phone and first watch are powered off and the phone back on) always knocks the first phone off. It won't connect when powered back on. I've removed/reinstalled the Wear app several times, cleared the Wear and Google play apps' caches as well. I've been communicating with support for several days and so far no luck. I would really like to be able to wear the W5P while mowing the lawn and doing other chores with a high potential for damaging the watch. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated The S22U is on One UI 5.1 if that might help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watches disconnecting while connecting the other watch and would be happy to look into this further for you. Please know Auto switching support is only available on Samsung phones and tablets using the Galaxy Wearable app. Give this link a try for the steps to properly set up Auto Switching: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080621/

If you are using the troubleshooting steps in this link and still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend as soon as the devices disconnects to submit an error report. Give this link a try for steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

Please feel free to reach back out to the community in the future for any further assistance.

View solution in context

7 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
When it comes to having two smart watches you must only use either one or the other when connected to Bluetooth but if it's connected via Wi-Fi like you leave your phone in your home and your watch5 is connect via Wi-Fi you're good to go just make sure you have allowed the Wi-Fi connection otherwise you can only use one at a time so you must power off the one that you're not using then the trick is go into your Bluetooth and flip the switch that says calls this will connect the one you want to use and you should be good to goScreenshot_20230814_104258_Settings.jpg
Jim54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that. The Wear app has a setting that when on is supposed to automatically switch to the watch that is currently being worn.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah doesn't work so good lol I have many watches always having to do this. Buds work great though and wifi has no issues
0 Likes
Jim54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried turning off the connected for calls. When the W5P setup reached the point where it tried to connect the W6 disconnected. After finishing the W5 setup the W6 would not connect and I got the message that I would have to reset and re-setup the watch to get it to connect. Doing that bumped the W5 out. I'll reply in the text chain I have with support with the things I've tried over the past few days and see if they have any suggestions. Maybe there will be a software update soon.
0 Likes
Jim54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I posted to the support text chain and their reply was that all I have to do is pair the two watches. I don't think the person (or the automated assistant) who posted that had read the previous posts.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your watches disconnecting while connecting the other watch and would be happy to look into this further for you. Please know Auto switching support is only available on Samsung phones and tablets using the Galaxy Wearable app. Give this link a try for the steps to properly set up Auto Switching: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080621/

If you are using the troubleshooting steps in this link and still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend as soon as the devices disconnects to submit an error report. Give this link a try for steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

Please feel free to reach back out to the community in the future for any further assistance.

Jim54
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Watch 6 was connected, the Wear app didn't show the auto switch setting yet. I left it powered on and started to setup the W5. Early in that process the W6 disconnected. I then powered it off. The W5 setup completed and seemed to be functioning properly. The auto switch setting appeared in the settings. I turned it on. I loaded a different watch face (Health Dashboard+) and checked that it was doing it's job. I then did an ECG. That worked too. I then powered the W5 off and powered the W6 on. It seemed to take a little longer than usual to connect but it did. It seems to be functioning properly. I've only done the one switch and I powered the one watch off before powering the other on but it's working. The members app said it was collecting logs for the error report so I assume that's been completed. I'll switch watches a few times and post how it goes.

Thank you.
0 Likes