JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

125 Replies
2anna
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just tried it, walked through your steps 2x and it didn't clear
EgyptianGod
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
You must've missed a step cause EVERYONE that followed the steps correctly ended up getting rid of it
0 Likes
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have an on going voicemail notification that refuses to go away. I decided to Google it and found a closed topic on it. The marked solution says to turn off Bluetooth & my watch WiFi so that it's using the mobile data and to click on the notification so that it calls the voicemail and when the female voice starts giving options to them open the keypad on the watch and press ** and after she says thank you for calling, goodbye and then turn back on the Bluetooth. I get a blank text on my watch 128 on my watch and a brand new voicemail notification. I even reset my watch and the notification comes back. I have T-Mobile and my watch has its own number that is non-functional, it's not part of the digits plan. This started the first time I accidentally left my phone at home and I received a phone call on my watch and the notification appeared even though I don't have any voicemail messages. I've had this for about 3 months now and the voicemail notification updates itself frequently and can't be cleared as it's an ongoing notification. I've definitely noticed decreased battery life. My GW4 was LTE as well and never did this. In the other post a moderator mentioned that T-Mobile has a thread for the issue and upon following the link provided only provided a solution for a digits number and to reset the watch, which I have and still the notification remains. Hopefully Samsung won't delete this post as it's clearly an ongoing issue. 
0 Likes
Kevpiz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue. When I disconnect from Bluetooth and use the digits phone number I get a blank message from 128
0 Likes
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did too, and a updated voicemail notification
0 Likes
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Update... There's an article on the T-Mobile forum and one of the solutions that has worked for me so far. I removed the mobile plan in the wear app. Then I reset my watch. I opted NOT to restore the call logs but did restore my apps and everything else and was able to set back up my mobile plan during watch setup in the wear app. So far the voicemail notification is gone. It may have had something to do with the call logs. I reset my watch earlier today but did not remove the mobile plan first and I did restore my call logs and the notification showed up. So far so good. Cross my fingers I suppose. Here's what worked for me.
1. Remove mobile plan in wear app.
2. Reset watch
3. Restore apps/mobile plan
4. Do NOT restore call logs during set up

TMO forum link:
https://community.t-mobile.com/android-9/constant-voicemail-received-on-watch-12269
0 Likes