JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What's the most steps recorded in a day on a galaxy watch?

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 07:21 AM)
bikelife_kwick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

What's the most steps recorded in a day on a galaxy watch? I'm thinking of trying to break it! šŸ¤” 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
A quick Google search came up with varied opinions. Generally this metric will vary between walking, jogging, running, and other types of activities where the length of a person's stride changes, so steps recorded wouldn't necessary correspond to distance traveled. I estimate that 100,000 steps would be a lofty goal to aim toward. That would equate to approximately 50 miles. The world record for the longest distance walked by a male in 24 hours is 142 miles, which is around 285,000 steps.

View solution in context

6 Replies
bikelife_kwick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
So no one knows how many or something?
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
A quick Google search came up with varied opinions. Generally this metric will vary between walking, jogging, running, and other types of activities where the length of a person's stride changes, so steps recorded wouldn't necessary correspond to distance traveled. I estimate that 100,000 steps would be a lofty goal to aim toward. That would equate to approximately 50 miles. The world record for the longest distance walked by a male in 24 hours is 142 miles, which is around 285,000 steps.
bikelife_kwick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you 100,00p is the goal this summer. I'll keep you updated!
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is there a setting anywhere to set your step length? My watch tells me the distance I've walked, and it's always considerably more than reality. I've wondered if it just uses an assumed step length or is it more sophisticated, using GPS data in its measurement.
0 Likes
Hake
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can adjust it manually but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it automatically ajusts with steps per x gps distance traveled

I'm not 100% sure though
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks, I searched in the Health app, but I couldn't find a step length setting there.