JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Whatsapp call only displaying number not caller ID

(Topic created: 08-26-2023 06:20 PM)
VJE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the galaxy watch 6 classic recently and for some reasons, whatsapp calls from international numbers with + prefix only display number (without the + sign) but caller ID is shown on phone but not the the watch 

#galaxywatch6classic
#whatsapp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to get your international contact names to show and would be happy to look into this further. First step I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Whatsapp, as they will be able to get a closer look into the software for the app on watches.

The next step would be to submit an error report to Samsung, this will allow our team to get a hands-on look at the symptom you are experiencing. Give this link a try for the steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

For our international members that are also experiencing these symptoms due to area code showing up on the watch, please use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured for further assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

View solution in context

8 Replies
knightAatma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am facing this in watch 5 beta OS as well.
VJE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good to know that I'm not alone
ngupingseng1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Facing the same problem. I don't have this problem on my watch 5 pro previously. Samsung please fix it. 

g_user
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am facing this issue as well on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 (paired with Samsung Galaxy S23+). Did a little digging and found out that this is a sync issue between WhatsApp and Contacts on the phone. If you remove the plus sign from the Contact on the phone (the plus sign still remains on the Contact stored in the WhatsApp directory), the Caller ID on the watch works perfectly. 

Interestingly, I have the + sign for every single contact of mine. The local numbers with the + sign appear perfectly on the watch for WhatsApp calls. I don't understand why this is an issue for international numbers with the + sign. 

However, this is a big issue that definitely needs to be corrected. These are trivial things that just irritate me. I am a huge fan of Android but I am beginning to understand why Apple is the most value company in the world. Their ecosystem just works perfectly!

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand your concern with not being able to get your international contact names to show and would be happy to look into this further. First step I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Whatsapp, as they will be able to get a closer look into the software for the app on watches.

The next step would be to submit an error report to Samsung, this will allow our team to get a hands-on look at the symptom you are experiencing. Give this link a try for the steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

For our international members that are also experiencing these symptoms due to area code showing up on the watch, please use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured for further assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Nidheesh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Got my Galaxy watch 6 recently and I have installed whatsApp in it. Ever since the installation, im not receiving any text message notification. Also not showing contact names while receiving voice calls over the app( It just shows number only). I have my notification allowed in app settings for whatsapp, dont know if this is some bug samsung need to fix, contacted whatsapp but no response. Anybody else having this issue?

Nidheesh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not getting notifications, im able to see latest messages once i open the app in my watch. Trying to uninstall and  reinstall it in my watch. Will keep posted here if it works. Its been only couple of days since I contacted them.

0 Likes
Nidheesh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unistalled and installed Whatsapp again on watch which resolved notification issue. But contact name still don't show up while receiving WhatsApp call

0 Likes