Original topic:

Samsung Messages being phased out

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 10:30 PM)
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I prefer samsung messages since I like having galaxy themes and cute keyboards. I keep seeing that Samsung is phasing it out and trying to make google the default and only app in the future. 

Does anyone know if it will be compatible with galaxy themes in the future? I know we can change chat bubble colors but it just looks bad and not as customizable. 

Samsung messages is much nicer being able to change chat backgrounds and bubble colors for each chat thread, and having themes fully change the look of the keyboard. I currently have cat shaped keys. I haven't gone to google because I don't want to lose that.

Main reason why I switched from Google Pixel back to Samsung Galaxy was the customization of the phone and the chats were the main feature I loved. 

So if anyone has any info on themes being compatible with google in the future, I'd appreciate it. 
19 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I doubt Google Messages will ever support Galaxy themes

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That is a huge bummer. I strongly dislike the google messaging app, even on the pixels
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I prefer Google Messages over Samsung Messages I don't like the custom skins and stuff I'm basic lol

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Then you might prefer the Pixel. Super basic but amazingly built phone. I just like my things to be aesthetic and cute lol so I switched back. My last galaxy before this one was the S8. Then I had the Pixel 3 and 5 and they were amazing.
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I love Samsung way too much to ever switch to anything else

0 Likes
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I promise the only thing samsung has over pixel is the themes 😅 everything else, especially simplicity and functionality, is far superior on pixels. But to each their own
jason777
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Samsung messenger is way better than google messenger
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Agreed. I'm very sad to hear that samsung is deprecating it and using google as the default. I think they're trying to get rid of it altogether.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Samsung Messages is on maintainence mode. It'll go by the wayside as everyone is moving to Jibe and Google Messages being Android default.