Original topic:

Samsung Messages being phased out

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 10:30 PM)
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I prefer samsung messages since I like having galaxy themes and cute keyboards. I keep seeing that Samsung is phasing it out and trying to make google the default and only app in the future. 

Does anyone know if it will be compatible with galaxy themes in the future? I know we can change chat bubble colors but it just looks bad and not as customizable. 

Samsung messages is much nicer being able to change chat backgrounds and bubble colors for each chat thread, and having themes fully change the look of the keyboard. I currently have cat shaped keys. I haven't gone to google because I don't want to lose that.

Main reason why I switched from Google Pixel back to Samsung Galaxy was the customization of the phone and the chats were the main feature I loved. 

So if anyone has any info on themes being compatible with google in the future, I'd appreciate it. 
19 Replies
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So does that mean they're getting rid of samsung messages then? Sucks because those messaging apps aren't compatible with themes and i think that's a major loss that a lot of people will be upset about.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Some regions once it's un-installed or factory reset after a certain update you have to side load it as it isn't even in the Galaxy Store. Unless Google opens up Jibe to 3rd party apps then everyone is SOL.
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It is so dumb to get rid of the only app that is compatible with themes, the only thing that sets aside samsung from any other android phone easily available in the US.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's what Google wants. You can't get RCS without Jibe and Googles doesn't have it open for development outside of Google Messages. Why is Samsung going to work on a basic SMS app and maintain it?
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Some carriers have RCS with samsung so I'm not sure why it's not available with all carriers. Samsung has the capability. And google has the capability to makes themes compatible with it. Sounds like greed and laziness
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
They do not... It's carrier RCS and they are moving away to Jibe. Search a carrier and you'll find they are moving over which started in 2022ish when Google made their Messaging App default. For example one of the last US carriers to completely move over.
https://9to5google.com/2023/09/21/t-mobile-rcs-google-jibe/#:~:text=In%20addition%20to%20Get%20the,o....
DarthAmberly
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That doesn't negate the fact they did until just recently. And my point still stands that it's laziness and greed when it has and can still be done.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why maintain and spend resources for something that is being phased out? They can't develop further than ANY other SMS app because Google holds the keys to RCS. They can take those resources for other things like bug fixes and better potential features? So what you expect Samsung to do without RCS?
Members_Dpcs1EA
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Every company is in on a greed frenzy. Extra for this & that, planned obsolescence, lousy or no customer service, etc., etc., etc.

Meanwhile the companies are making bigger profits than ever. It's disgusting! 

0 Likes
Members_Dpcs1EA
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I am so with you & so angry a out this. I just bought an expensive new Samsung phone. I chose it over other brands because of the Galaxy themes. I realy enjoyed having so many customization options.

I hate the boring, ugly black dialer and the boring text screens I have now. I want my money back! 

0 Likes