Original topic:

Screen always going dark while charging in car

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
MarkJermaineThomas
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I do not understand AT ALL, why Samsung is ignoring the screen brightness settings and it has been doing this for years. I have cataract and even though the screen is set to full brightness (even extra brightness), the adaptive is turned off and the power saver is turned off and it is still lowering the screen brightness to an extreme level while the phone is on charger in my car. I can't even see the navigation. What does this profit be??? This is so upsetting 
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@MarkJermaineThomas Is your phone on the charger while you are doing the navigation? What are you using for navigation? 

I've never had the screen dim while using Google Maps or Waze for navigation. Doesn't matter if I am charging the device or not. 

MarkJermaineThomas
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It must have something to do with charging the phone. I'm driving for Uber, so the phone must always be on. It dims no matter what I use
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@MarkJermaineThomas the other possibility is that the phone is overheating so it is lowering the brightness so that the phone doesn't become damaged. 

This is a very real possibility if the phone is mounted somewhere in the sun.