JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings no longer works on TV

(Topic created: 05-14-2023 01:46 AM)
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have 2 TV's in my living room.  The ginormous and gorgeous Samsung  KS-8000.  My little TV died and I replaced it with a Samsung TV not even thinking about the fact that the remote from either TV also effects the other TV.  OOPS!!  But I put SmartThings on my phone and could operate the small TV volume without messing with the big TV.  It used to work GREAT!!  Now?  Not at all.  The SmartThings app will locate my small tv by size and series but will NOT add it even though it is on the same wifi network as my phone.  Why is that?  Why do I still LOVE Samsung products even when they give me a big headache??

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
What you need to do is make sure your signed in to your orginal smarthings account and you select your home under locations. also make sure you allow smarthings all permissions under app settings. Now make sure your device and tv and connected to your 2.4 ghz wifi signal or 5ghz. You should now see your tv somewhere under all devices. When you see your device it will be online or offline. If it's online great you can use it. If not hold it down click edit then delete. Once it's deleted reset it up making sure permissions are granted and on same wifi channel as mentioned before. Follow screen shots to setup Screenshot_20230514_091006_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091302_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091324_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091333_SmartThings.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh- NEVER MIND.  I fingered it out by myself.  Somewhere along the way Samsung completely duffed up the way SmartThings connects without informing any user.  I mean, why WOULD they?  Not like it's important or anything.  Even though SmartThings used to work, apparently you have to go back in your TV settings every once in a while and whisper to it like you were holding a small kitten, "shhhh shhhh, it's all okay."  More like DumbThings for sure!

Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
What you need to do is make sure your signed in to your orginal smarthings account and you select your home under locations. also make sure you allow smarthings all permissions under app settings. Now make sure your device and tv and connected to your 2.4 ghz wifi signal or 5ghz. You should now see your tv somewhere under all devices. When you see your device it will be online or offline. If it's online great you can use it. If not hold it down click edit then delete. Once it's deleted reset it up making sure permissions are granted and on same wifi channel as mentioned before. Follow screen shots to setup Screenshot_20230514_091006_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091302_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091324_SmartThings.jpgScreenshot_20230514_091333_SmartThings.jpg
0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That is NOT how it initially worked and that is what has me upset.  My TV is connected to my router via ethernet and it worked PERFECTLY!!  I already fingered out that I needed to NOW connect via WIFI unlike originally.  When did that change?  I guess it isn't something that anyone would want to know about, right?  Anyway I got it fixed way before your reply- but thank anyway, I guess

0 Likes