Original topic:

Disconnecting when streaming from music apps on my soundbar

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 10:40 AM)
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

We have have constant disconnect issues whenever we stream music to our soundbar via Spotify connect. At random intervals, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 7.. our soundbar automatically changes it's own source to D-IN / TV ARC, this is with TV turned off,  as a result music on Spotify pauses. 

So far I have not able to track down what causes this behavior.

Reinstalled / updated firmware.

I changed HDMI cables, extra attention to proper seating of the connectors to rule out HDMI handshaking issues.

I removed the optical cable between soundbar and TV.

Did a power cycle (soundbar + tv)

Spotify reinstalled on all devices, including caches wipes.

Right now I am running dry on ideas, so it would be amazing if anyone here can shine a light, come with suggestions or if I am really lucky a solution.

My fear is that it is software related and very low on the prio list for Samsung.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Too bad that Samsung is not responding at all, this has been posted quite some time ago, go customer service!

Anyway, as a little workaround I first manually put the soundbar on either HDMI 1 or HDMI2 after that I can use Spotify Connect without any issue. I hope this will work for you guys / gals as well. At least until Samsung comes with an update, if they ever will. There is also a massive amount of folk with the same soundbar as us, that have disconnecting surround speakers. This has also fallen on def ears....

Sorry for the somewhat negative tone, but after paying a good amount for this soundbar, I am beyond disappointed in both CS and the overall quality.

View solution in context

7 Replies
TomDH
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

same issue here... did you find any solution?

RemOrSeOnLInE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also get this problem when i connect my spotify to q990B via WiFi from my Android (Oneplus8T)  and also my PC (Window 11 Home 22H2) too.

Any suggestion?

m0nk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issues. Its very frustrating. @Communityuser3049203. Any response would be appreciated.

Solution
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Too bad that Samsung is not responding at all, this has been posted quite some time ago, go customer service!

Anyway, as a little workaround I first manually put the soundbar on either HDMI 1 or HDMI2 after that I can use Spotify Connect without any issue. I hope this will work for you guys / gals as well. At least until Samsung comes with an update, if they ever will. There is also a massive amount of folk with the same soundbar as us, that have disconnecting surround speakers. This has also fallen on def ears....

Sorry for the somewhat negative tone, but after paying a good amount for this soundbar, I am beyond disappointed in both CS and the overall quality.

BogdanID
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with Q990B. I try to stream music from my S22 to the soundbar but although it shows it's connected and the music playing I get no sound on the soundbar.

After I take the power out from the soundbar and then reconnect it, it works but after I start the TV then it stops working again. I guess Spotify is trying to play through the TV somehow.

Via Bluetooth it's working but not via WiFi.

@Samsung, what is the solution here to play without powering on the soundbar?

0 Likes
m0nk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@Communityuser3049203this very annoying problem is still present... The work around @Schnoobins posted works but I hope it's not the final answer to this bug....

0 Likes
Sambert
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I found another work-around. Using the spotify app, you can change the protocol for the connection with the soundbar. Using 'Google Cast', iso 'Spotify connect', makes it work for me. (use the three dots next to the speaker to change this).

0 Likes