JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I'm at my wit's end with the preheat alert on my Samsung range

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 02:48 AM)
mickygau
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

finding a solution to a rather frustrating issue with my Samsung range. The preheat alert, while initially helpful, has turned into an unwelcome symphony in my kitchen. I've scoured the user manual and searched online forums, but I've come up empty-handed.

The incessant chirping and beeping that occurs once the oven reaches the preheated temperature is driving me up the wall. It's particularly disruptive when I'm trying to focus on other tasks in the kitchen, or when I'm entertaining guests. I'm at my wit's end and seriously considering the drastic measure of tossing the range off my balcony (kidding, of course).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @Licyourface! Thank you for reaching out! You can find your user manual here:https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202103/20210316115610650/NE59J7850WS_AA_DG68-00600A-09.... Here are the directions to turn it off:

1. Press Broil and 6 at the same time for 3 seconds.
The display will show Snd On (sound on) or Snd OFF (sound off).
2. The default setting is Snd On.
Press 0 to select Snd OFF or Snd On.
Pressing 0 changes the mode between Snd On and Snd OFF.
3. Press START/SET

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there @mickygau!  Welcome to the community! It would depend on the model of the range that you have.  The steps that I can think of off hand to silence the alert are as follows:

1. Press Options for 3 seconds, and then Press 4 on the number pad.
2. Press 1 (On) or 2 (Off) on the number pad.
3. Press START/SET to save the changes.

Give the steps a try.  If they don't work, please come back with the model of your range and we can look into this further with you!

jrsamwalker1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue, started right after my range connected to smartthings. I contacted tech support and they said to unplug the range for 30 minutes, I did that for 40 minutes and no change. We had a tornado a few moths back and now my dog has become sensitive to certain sounds, unfortunately the melody sound when the oven is up to temperature is one that puts her into a panic.

There needs to be a way to revert back to the beeps, I will not turn the sound completely off as I still need to use the beeps for cooking.

0 Likes
Licyourface
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I dont have an options button or a settings button.

The incessant beeping when my oven preheats is doing my head in. Not only is it loud but it does a 3 beep sequence 7 times!! I don't have a manual because I bought it used.

Model is NE59J7850WG/AA

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @Licyourface! Thank you for reaching out! You can find your user manual here:https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202103/20210316115610650/NE59J7850WS_AA_DG68-00600A-09.... Here are the directions to turn it off:

1. Press Broil and 6 at the same time for 3 seconds.
The display will show Snd On (sound on) or Snd OFF (sound off).
2. The default setting is Snd On.
Press 0 to select Snd OFF or Snd On.
Pressing 0 changes the mode between Snd On and Snd OFF.
3. Press START/SET

0 Likes
merearia
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I don't have an "options" button and I really want that preheat song silenced. I have a NX60T8511SS/AA. PLEASE help!

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there @merearia! It looks like for your range, you do the following:

1. Press and hold the settings button (it looks like a clock) for 3 seconds. This button is located to the bottom right of the control display
2. Press 6 to enter Sound.
3. Press 1 or 2 to turn Sound on or off. (1 to on, 2 to off)
4. Press START/SET to save the change.

You can find out more on pages 31 and 33 of the user manual: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202309/20230920155347229/O_01._DG68-01221A-09_IB_FULL_...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ambres0603
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I have the same problem with my range that is a model NE63A6511SS. I tried the other solutions but it doesn't seem to be working...

0 Likes
Nzordich
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there any way to just turn the sound down or change the tone to something less annoying? I don’t want to get rid of the alert altogether, but my gosh, this sound is insanely horrible!

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @Nzordich! This is not a feature you will only have the option to turn it off or on. I would recommend looking at your user manual to see how to do this.

0 Likes