JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Schedule vacuum to clean a specific room

(Topic created: 06-09-2023 10:03 AM)
kimowrex
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hoping this is the right place for support, there isn't a vacuum specific forum, and the smart things forum posts direct folks here for product support... I had a similar experience trying to get help directly off the phone too, each division pointing at the other while I'm the customer in the middle with a product that isn't meeting my needs.

I have a large home with a couple of areas I'd like vacuumed more than once a day with the rest of the area on the same floor.  I currently have the vacuum scheduled to clean 1x a day.  The app seems to have been built with this feature in mind as the schedule says what type of cleaning ("Smart") and that "All rooms are selected".  How can I schedule a cleaning of a particular area or subset of rooms?

Or is this a missing feature (seems like a pretty big one though)?

5 Replies
userh3JijqxLpN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I look to see if there are any responses to this question on a monthly basis. This should be an easy fix for the team to do and it goes uncorrected. Highly annoying problem and highly annoying that Samsung doesn't fix it. I have even opened a ticket and got dumb answers pointing it at my app being the problem when we know that isn't the case.

0 Likes
kimowrex
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You are the first response to this post in a month and a half.  Is there no real community around Samsung?  Did I back the wrong horse here?  I'm ashamed I bought two of these things.  Which smart vacuum is best/better that will do what I imagine people want out of a smart vacuum... be able to schedule the cleaning of specific areas of the home.  How is this not a thing?

0 Likes
kimowrex
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone have a high level customer service or support contact at either organization?  The support I've gotten thus far is largely non-existent.  The answers on the phone are unhelpful (they tried to suggest that I could use the magnet strips to define the area of the home I want cleaned).

0 Likes
kimowrex
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why is the support by Samsung and Smart Things so poor.  Here's a SmartThings topic on the same issue.  Looks like this is a feature not enabled in some applications, perhaps based on region.  Why can't we get a specific answer from the responsible company (and which company is responsible in this instance?  SmartThings or Samsung?)  

https://community.smartthings.com/t/jet-bot-with-smart-things-scheduling-issues/237906/12

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, We're so sorry for the difficulty you've had getting assistance with this. But I'm happy to report I have some information that will be useful to you. I'm providing a link below to the user manual for this model. Page 22 has a detailed list of all the cleaning operations you can schedule through the SmartThings app. If you need help getting the SmartThings app set up, page 34 is a great place to start. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202308/20230803184211074/DJ68-00858B-03_VR8500_EN_2307...

However, if this does not resolve your concerns, then I recommend continuing to reach out to our dedicated SmartThings team at 1-866-813-2404. This team will have the best tools and resources to assist with getting your vacuum schedule set up.