JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN32Q60AA As Computer Monitor button broke

(Topic created: 02-16-2023 02:28 PM)
tkat912
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm using a QN32Q60AA as a monitor connected to a Dell Latitude 5480 via HDMI direct from the laptop.

Prior to yesterday I was powering the monitor on and off with the button at the base. This was working fine until the button broke and is no longer working.

I have another Samsung 43" tv for tv watching in the same room. If I use the remote for the monitor attached to the computer it, of course, activates/shuts off the 43" tv.

My question is this: Can I get the laptop to turn the Samsung monitor on when I boot the computer like a standard computer monitor?

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this may be useful. Unfortunately, there's no direct way to get this to work like that. You can try the following though. I would recommend turning on Anynet+. Press the Home button your remote, and then navigate to and select Settings (All Settings) > General (Connection). Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. This should make the TV turn on once there's power from the PC. For getting the TV to "sleep" you can turn on the eco power saving mode to set a timer for inactivity and make the TV shut down. You can do that by going to Settings > System > Eco Solution > Auto power off. If this does not work then unfortunately there would not be another way to get this to work that way as it was ultimately designed as a television, not a monitor.