JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help! Samsung wallet app crash to desktop, Samsung pay no longer works!

(Topic created: 07-29-2022 05:02 AM)
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

I foolishly did a galaxy store update of a number of apps on my Note 10+. One of which was Samsung wallet. I had no idea that it was actually the replacement for Samsung pay.

Anyway the app is trash. As soon as the update completed, the app would crash to the desktop and give an error. I tried rebooting the phone, I tried adjusting permissions, nothing worked (curiously I got an email acknowledging  my phone was added to Samsung Wallet).

But what makes matters worse is uninstalling Samsung wallet and reinstalling Samsung pay is not helpful. I tried doing that and while Samsung pay would install, when you open the app it immediately wants to do the update to Samsung wallet.

There does not appear to be a way around it. Now I'm. Can't use my credit cards or debit cards or anything that I would normally use Samsung pay for.

Anyone have a fix?

8 Replies
Solution
junfer
Astronaut
Options
Note10
This exact thing happened to me you might want to check your Samsung account in your settings and make sure you put the correct date because after the update it forced my date of birth to a different year so I had to change it back and after that everything started working just fine but yeah this exact thing happened to me
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

I'll be damned if that wasn't the solution. Thanks!

junfer
Astronaut
Options
Note10
Did it help?
0 Likes
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

Yes. The birth date was way off.  Had a of a time updating. Had to do it on the Samsung website. I rebooted the phone and started the app and it worked.

Tony M
Nebula
Options
Note10
Use Google pay
yggg
Astronaut
Options
Note10

GgyI foolishly did a galaxy store update of a number of apps on my Note 10+. One of which was Samsung wallet. I had no idea that it was actually the replacement for Samsung pay.
Anyway the app is trash. As soon as the update completed, the app would crash to the desktop and give an error. I tried rebooting the phone, I tried adjusting permissions, nothing worked (curiously I got an email acknowledging  my phone was added to Samsung Wallet).
But what makes matters worse is uninstalling Samsung wallet and reinstalling Samsung pay is not helpful. I tried doing that and while Samsung pay would install, when you open the app it immediately wants to do the update to Samsung wallet.
There does not appear to be a way around it. Now I'm . Can't use my credit cards or debit cards or anything that I would normally use Samsung pay for.
Anyone have a fix?olm://message-contents/AQADAAAAyQAAAAAAAAAAFdUoAAAAAAAA1AAAAAAAEp9yAAAAAAAo1RUAAAAAABKfcgMAAIADAAAAJWF0c3RlY2gwOUB5YWhvby5jb21fSW50ZXJuZXRZYWhvb19IeFM%3D/fullBody?runId=UFBZ#

0 Likes
Options
Note10

Samsung wallet, on samsung galaxy A71

useless software. it worked when it was samsung pay.  but today, i was reading about wallet, tried to activate card, spins its little wheel, and is now samsung wallet.

AND, as you noted, it  up teh birthdate on the phone,i had to reset that.  i then rebooted the phone, and it still spins the balls when trying to select "a more secure authentication method".  it is broken.  Another useful tool upgraded to garbage.

0 Likes
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

I ended up doing what another person suggested (because the app worked, but would not accept my bank card) and switched to Google Wallet. 

Problem solved yet again.

0 Likes