Original topic:

Note 20 Android 13 issues with parental control app

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 07:23 AM)
hb14falcon
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello,

My child has a Note 20 with a parental control app installed on the phone (tried to name it in this post, but Samsung won't allow me to name it for some reason). We did the update to Android 13 and now the parental control app is essentially bricking the phone. It says we needs to enable the parental control app, but when we click through the steps to do so, it just cycles back to the same message. We've restarted multiple times with no luck. We can't get to anything on the phone or use the phone for texting, calling, getting to settings, nothing, so trying to disable or uninstall the app from the phone isn't working. 

Anyone have any idea how to fix? It's bricked the phone at this point.  Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Note20
You may also clear the app's data and cache (reset it) if you have all the account information to set it up again. Uninstalling/reinstall and setup may help but again, apps are crashing left and right.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Note20
Apps crashes on Note20 after 13 update is happening to many users, including myself. Clearing cache partition and performing apps repair helps with some apps but not all. Hoping Samsung pushes another update sooner rather than later. December patch is rolling out so hope it fixes some if not all current issues with 13.
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Note20
You may also clear the app's data and cache (reset it) if you have all the account information to set it up again. Uninstalling/reinstall and setup may help but again, apps are crashing left and right.