JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Internet backup of login cookies and data?

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 08:37 AM)
sibes74
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Is there anyway to backup and restore all of the data and settings in the app and restore on a new phone? I have the Note 20 Ultra and did an insurance replacement and I need the logins saves in the web browser. The old phone was unlocked and bought from Samsung directly and the new one is the same phone but it doesn't do things the same as the old one and is from T-Mobile . The new one in settings for personal data in user names and passwords says view sign in in Samsung pass but the old phone doesn't have that it lists the website and shows user name only. So how do I get the saves logins from the old phone the new one ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Okay so I had to delete the latest version of Samsung internet to have a similar issue. After I added a password and updated there was a pop-up and an option to add my passwords to Samsung pass. I copied them and it deleted them from that menu once they were moved into Samsung pass.

Check if you have the latest version in the Samsung internet and Samsung pass on your old device.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.sbrowser20210916_123728.jpg20210916_123707.jpg

View solution in context

9 Replies
Mrpolo1914
Constellation
Options
Note20
We're you using Chrome app or Samsung Internet app
0 Likes
sibes74
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Samsung internet
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Open Samsung pass on your old device and make sure you had sync enabled
Samsung pass>3 dots>settings>account and syncing>sync with Samsung cloud
If you already had this option enabled login to Samsung pass with your new device and you should have access to your passwords.
0 Likes
sibes74
Asteroid
Options
Note20
So the old Note when I go to the internet app and go to settings then personal data then user names and passwords it gives me 2 setting options. They are save login and the auto fill and under that it says saved with a list of websites that have saved logins. On the new one it's different for the personal data! It shows the same 2 setting options but then instead of saying saved and the list of websites is say view in Samsung Pass. So I need another option for getting the old to the new internet app 20210916_105736_2068.jpgScreenshot_20210916-111429_Samsung Internet.jpg
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Did you check your Samsung pass app since that's where Samsung internet stores your passwords. just make sure its syncing properly on your old device, I listed instruction above...
0 Likes
sibes74
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Yes that's is set the way you have it! But there is no saved passwords for the ones saved in the internet app they must have changed something cause the internet app doesn't look the same on the old phone and the new one in some of the settings as like the pictures I posted. The only difference I can think is the old phone I bought from Samsung directly unlocked. The insurance claim was done through T-mobile and not unlocked.
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Okay so I had to delete the latest version of Samsung internet to have a similar issue. After I added a password and updated there was a pop-up and an option to add my passwords to Samsung pass. I copied them and it deleted them from that menu once they were moved into Samsung pass.

Check if you have the latest version in the Samsung internet and Samsung pass on your old device.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.sbrowser20210916_123728.jpg20210916_123707.jpg
sibes74
Asteroid
Options
Note20
OK just tried it and it erased all my saved stuff anyway! Oh well will just have to reset passwords as I go to websites if I don't remember lol! Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
I'm Sorry to hear that... it seemed to work with two separate options for transferring them on my device. I was hoping it was be easy for you also.
0 Likes