JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Galaxy A53 5G lag issue

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 04:35 PM)
ColeySwag
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Galaxy A53 5G has been very awesome over the past year I have had the device but lately it been lagging quite hard and it worries me because this is a phone that is suppose to last quite some time Surely with all the updates. But sometimes it just gets crazy lag and sometimes stuck when I try to play a game which I do occasionally and in general sometimes it hasn't been preforming too well. I sometimes play pikmin bloom and it lags really bad that worries me, but maybe I have not cleared the cache on pikmin bloom. But in general, it's a lot of other things, too, and a lot of other apps, and I usually do clear the Cache usually. maybe I haven't cleared Cache for some of my apps that I am going to check. Besides the apps sometimes taking pictures takes a little too long. Overall though I have really love this phone for how much it has done for me over the year. Also I want to upgrade to 512GB in the mirco sd card Slot tray, because right now I have the Evo Plus 256GB when I could Use the 512GB Pro Plus but I dunno how to move everything because I am a bird brain.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations with your device becoming laggy and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

Navigate to and Open Settings 

Swipe to Software Update/System Update

Tap Check for Software Update to ensure that your device is up to date

Download new update if one is available 

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Safe Mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone. 

Press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed

Touch and hold Power Off until Safe Mode icon is displayed

Tap Safe Mode to start your device in Safe Mode (Safe Mode will appear at the bottom of the screen)

If the device is working normally in Safe Mode then a 3rd party app is causing your device to misbehave. 

If your device is still having issues we recommend completing a factory reset 

Please be sure to back up your device before performing the reset:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issues we recommend having your device evaluated by a Samsung technician:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations with your device becoming laggy and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

Navigate to and Open Settings 

Swipe to Software Update/System Update

Tap Check for Software Update to ensure that your device is up to date

Download new update if one is available 

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Safe Mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone. 

Press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed

Touch and hold Power Off until Safe Mode icon is displayed

Tap Safe Mode to start your device in Safe Mode (Safe Mode will appear at the bottom of the screen)

If the device is working normally in Safe Mode then a 3rd party app is causing your device to misbehave. 

If your device is still having issues we recommend completing a factory reset 

Please be sure to back up your device before performing the reset:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If the troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issues we recommend having your device evaluated by a Samsung technician:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service