JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Choppy audio with specific kinds of Bluetooth headphones

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 04:50 PM)
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
After the One UI 6.0 update, my Bluetooth headphones have acquired HORRIBLE audio quality. They sounded flawless before, and nothing happened to change them. After this update, the audio chops horribly and constantly, and you can barely understand what you're hearing. I know that nothing is wrong with the headphones (they work completely fine on other devices), and it only happens with specific devices (some work fine, some don't.)

My headphones are JLab JBuds Pro. My device is a Samsung A54.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jwhman2002
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This worked for me. Enabled developer mode went to developer options and toggled "Turn off A2DP hardware offload". My Jlab headphones are now working proper again.

View solution in context

22 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try Settings>General management>Reset>Reset Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. Mind you, this will clear all your active connections and you will have to reestablish them afterward.
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have tried this, it has affected nothing.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hmm. Try this really quick. With the phone off, press and hold Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, then power to select and confirm on the following screen. On the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps.
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What side effects might this have? I don't want to accidentally delete or mess up anything haha
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It will have zero negative effects, and you will lose no data.
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Okay then! I'll try it now.
0 Likes
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No effect, unfortunately.
SirDonas
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same. 

A54, since One UI 6.0 pushed, my JLab bluetooth headphones have choppy audio. Missing Audio Codec from jlab in the update? 

Headphones confirmed good in another device. Other non-JLab devices working fine. Relearning/re-pairing/cache all ineffective.

Monish_Chan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same For me, I just bought the a54 and my Jlab Studio stopped working, I didn't have that issues in my a52

0 Likes