JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Choppy audio with specific kinds of Bluetooth headphones

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 04:50 PM)
iSapphired
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
After the One UI 6.0 update, my Bluetooth headphones have acquired HORRIBLE audio quality. They sounded flawless before, and nothing happened to change them. After this update, the audio chops horribly and constantly, and you can barely understand what you're hearing. I know that nothing is wrong with the headphones (they work completely fine on other devices), and it only happens with specific devices (some work fine, some don't.)

My headphones are JLab JBuds Pro. My device is a Samsung A54.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
useru3mZ8Dp4wW
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I had this issue hooking up my Jlab Studios straight out of the box. This worked for us too!!
0 Likes
abignothing
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

i also have an a54 with this newfound problem, with the interesting caveat that it only affects my bluetooth earbuds but not my speaker (which is an anker, for those interested). i had already enabled dev settings and already tried the trick with audio codecs as part of my troubleshooting arsenal, all to no avail. i reset bluetooth/wifi settings (that didnt work), i updated my phone with the new security patch that dropped earlier today (which affected nothing), and tinkered with every single bluetooth tab in the dev options menu (and even a few unrelated specs for good measure, none of which made an ounce of difference). it is literally just an issue with the latest UI update, i have no other explanation. my earbuds work perfectly fine on any other bit of tech, just not this specific phone after this specific updateā€”and after stumbling onto this thread im relieved to find that this isnt just me. hopefully samsung finds a way to patch this up quickly.

coco2006
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Coco2006
I turn off A2DP hardware too, now my Jlab working great with my Galaxy A54 5G
0 Likes
asperand
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

same issue, no solution works

could samsung give us a fix?

0 Likes
user1oyZCacW5F
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you jwhman2002. You're our genius of the year ! Solution is excellent (finding Developer Mode on the A54 is tricky, but once there all is good 8-). Cheers !

0 Likes