Original topic:

Need help assigning different notifications to apps

(Topic created: 03-29-2022 10:48 PM)
yollys
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello Community I'm having an issue I'm trying to make a notification sound for my regular notification like if I got an email something comes from Facebook whatever it is but I'm also trying to make a different one for my text messages. I don't know how to figure that out it keeps giving me the same sound for both I'm trying to make them both different sounds. Please help am getting  overwhelmed  with it.

13 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You go to the settings for each individual app.
0 Likes
yollys
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I actually tried that but it's not working it keeps putting the same sound for both
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There isn't a way to set different sounds for specific apps. Maybe with another launcher you might be able to. Sorry.
0 Likes
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Tap and hold on app icon that you want to change sound, then on the pop-up tap on "i" mark. Then go to notifications, then notification categories and then tap on "incoming messages" for example or mail (depending what app you are trying to configure) See example for google messages appScreenshot_20220329-233248_Settings.jpg

user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is there a way to contact whoever make the app so they can add a feature to change the notification for the entire app, not just individual conversations/contact?
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My previous steps and a screenshot shows changing notification for an app and not for individual contact. Each app has a category which can have a custom sound. Example: When you get incoming message in messages app, then that sound would play when new messages comes in.

user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Charkatak, you are the best!!! Thank you soooo mucmuch!! For the help!!
Another question, while the conversation is open, it does not make any notifications. The text shows up silently and with no vibration. Any idea?
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have that too. When your phone's screen is on and you are in a specific conversation, it may not make sound. If I don't want to leave conversation and want the sound, I just press power to turn off screen and sound will come through.

Oh, would you accept my first answer with screenshot as a solution, so others can benefit from this too.

user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks a lot for helping out!! I got you!
0 Likes