Original topic:

OneUI A54 now has a scroll issue

(Topic created: 12-16-2023 03:43 PM)
useruSYn6GdBzw
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Right after getting the OneUI 6, Android 14 update I noticed that the screen scroll wants to get away from me quickly at times. Hard to reproduce but it happens 5-10 times a day with heavy use. 
The screen will just go zing and scroll very quickly in a direction. It will go at least 3-5 pages if not more. 
Literally nothing else has changed on my phone. No new screen protector or anything else. The setting for enhanced touch isn't turned on.
Anyone else having similar issues since the update?
Any idea would be helpful too. Thanks. 
9 Replies
msdebic
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am. It happens when i read a news article, an article on facebook, etc. Its really annoying. It usually scrolls at warp speed to the end of the article, trying to go back is impossible, it scrolls that also.
The_Big_Red_Tomato
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Me too . . . but then I noticed that it only happened when my finger got I too close to the right side. I think it is a feature. Normal scrolling speed in the center, and high speed scrolling on the right. Check it out and let me know.
0 Likes
useruSYn6GdBzw
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ok I will
0 Likes
The_Big_Red_Tomato
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have the A53 5G
0 Likes
useruSYn6GdBzw
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Did it update you One UI 6 ?
0 Likes
danie03
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

For me the infinite vertical scroll has disappeared, option which was fine with android 13 on finelock. I have only used this type of scrolling on all my previous phones whatever the brand and the option was in the stock rom.

0 Likes
useruSYn6GdBzw
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What's finelock?
0 Likes
Elleeelle
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Finelock is what people use instead of goodlock when goodlock isn't available in their county.

As an add, I upgraded to oneui 16 on my Flip 5 and I have the scrolling issue too.
0 Likes
Timmylc
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm getting the same issue, unexpected speed scrolling when reading long web pages, on my Samsung SM-T220 tablet after the recent UI6.0 update. It's very annoying. It's fairly unpredictable but seems to happen after 4 or 5 scrolls on a page. It doesn't seem to be related to touching on any specific part of the screen. Very frustrating and can't find any system setting that is relevant....

0 Likes