JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PureTalk says hotspot does not work on A32 5G with Android 13.

(Topic created: 08-24-2023 11:36 AM)
Members_dMb8LZ3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I've used hotspot successfully many times on this phone.  At some point, it stopped working, with the message "Mobile Hotspot not available.  Please contact your service provider".  It is on the PureTalk network, so I called them and the support rep's final answer was "Hotspot does not work on Android 13.  The only phone that hotspot works on is the iPhone."

I don't follow Android updates, so I don't know when my phone was updated.

Is PureTalk's answer true, or is this the usual runaround kind of answer I typically get from them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_dMb8LZ3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks - I looked at PDANet+ on Playstore and it said the version is for an older model, then I remembered that sometime earlier I had installed "Mobile Hotspot".  Tried it, and It works.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Members_dMb8LZ3 It is possible that PureTalk doesn’t support it, but in general hotspot works in Android 13. I have used it many times. 

0 Likes
Members_dMb8LZ3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you, good to know.  Hey what carrier do you have?

0 Likes
MrShujin
Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
We do support mobile hotspot from your cell phone. This feature is automatically turned on for all iPhone users. However, we cannot guarantee access to this feature for all Android users and some carrier-branded phones will have this feature blocked. This is what I found on Google.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This is a carrier service that you pay for mostly it cost more or need a better plan. However if they told you that what they should of said puretalk doesn't support it on Android.
0 Likes
Leviathon713
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If your carrier doesn't support hotspot, there's an app called PDANet+. Look into it. It works. I'm not involved in the app in any way, just a guy that needed hotspot data.
0 Likes
Solution
Members_dMb8LZ3
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks - I looked at PDANet+ on Playstore and it said the version is for an older model, then I remembered that sometime earlier I had installed "Mobile Hotspot".  Tried it, and It works.

0 Likes