JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

phone and tablet radiation

(Topic created: 01-21-2022 03:01 PM)
userPnim1ziGxv
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a galaxy A71 and a Samsung 8" tablet purchased in 2021.   When I use either device, the hand I hold it in breaks out the next day with a very itchy and painful red rash.  I hold the phone only with my fingertips, yet my whole hand breaks out.  This is not contact dermatitis but some form of radiation that leaks out of the back of both items and causes my whole hand to breakout.  To use either the phone or the tablet, I have had to place each in a shallow box wrapped in aluminum foil to curtail the radiation out of the back of each.  Both items are radiating something and, looking at other community posts, I'm not the only one experiencing something like this.  I am now scared to buy another Samsung product.  BTW: my former phone was an S4 and I had no problems at all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello. We can definitely see how this would be concerning! We hope you are okay, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello. We can definitely see how this would be concerning! We hope you are okay, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. We would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.