JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen on 65" QN90A two weeks after warranty passes

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
john-p
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Two weeks pass after warranty and television screen goes black.  I know the TV is electronically awake when turned on because I can hear the "menu sound" when I press the menu button.  The sound from the tv is sent to an external sound system, and stops when I turn the TV off.

Remember, I can see nothing on the screen but I believe, otherwise, the television is working.  I have unplugged the TV for 30 minutes or so but no effect.  Any suggestions???

Is it cost-effective to repair this television?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Since it's 2 weeks out of warranty I would suggest contacting Samsung support and see if they can help.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Since it's 2 weeks out of warranty I would suggest contacting Samsung support and see if they can help.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

bill-e
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

As @GaryB82  suggested, I would call Samsung and try to find a local repair shop.  I just checked Amazon and a 65" QN90A is still over $1k so the repair should be cheaper.  May be a bad backlight circuit.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes